Switched accessory supply

TYKE

Reaction score
I'm fitting a Garmin Sat Nav to my bike , and have already fitted the 'over the clocks' mounting.

In the past when fitting my Sat Navs I have picked up a switched supply to power the Garmin charge/mounting,

Where is the nearest switched supply or will it be ok to connect the mounting direct to my bikes battery, I'm never keen on removing panels from any bike and it was always easy with my previous Kawasaki Versys 1000

Will connecting the Garnin mount direct to the battery drain the battery, even when the device is not switched on or connected ?

Any advice and opinion is appreciated

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Auxiliary plugs behind the screen mount are where most connect the hardwire to for the switching supply, don't use the power socket as the power plug keeps coming out, I went for the option of having a KTM power socket fitted to the R/H side spare fitting, just my preference though

TYKE

Reaction score
Excellent and thanks again littlebruv

Is the behind the screen mount supply accessible without removing the screen mounting itself, my hands aren't as dexterous as they used to be so and easy option would be my choice

TYKE

Reaction score
Found this YouTube film, which explains .... I should have looked on there first DUH :ROFLMAO:

Johnjo

Reaction score
I've always fitted my sat nav directly to the battery. Never had an issue of any battery drain while the bikes laid up.

TYKE

Reaction score
Cheers Johnjo, I reckon I'll go down that route myself, a pal of mine has also said he does the same , and has done for some years without any issues

Thanks again (y)

Johnjo

Reaction score
Cheers Johnjo, I reckon I'll go down that route myself, a pal of mine has also said he does the same , and has done for some years without any issues

Thanks again (y)
No worries Tyke. Another benefit of not having a switched supply to the nav is being able to programme it with routes etc, is that it can be done in the garage without having the ignition switched on for long periods.