Switched live where?

lee1980

Reaction score
Does anyone know an easy to access switched live that only comes on with the ignition? I am after adding some led running lights most likely in the air duct grills, not sure if either of them actually function for the air intake?

lee1980

Reaction score
reg plate light or tail light are the easiest and the air intakes are just for show
Or at front of bike I guess side/parking lights if they stay on when headlamp is on to, I thought that be case intake under tank some where I guess.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I have never got to the bottom of this. There is a power outlet socket behind the right hand air intake, it is apparently switched to the ignition.
However, I have yet to find the plug needed to plug into the outlet socket! I would like to wire a usb charger to it, to either power my phone or satnav it I could buy the plug

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have never got to the bottom of this. There is a power outlet socket behind the right hand air intake, it is apparently switched to the ignition.
However, I have yet to find the plug needed to plug into the outlet socket! I would like to wire a usb charger to it, to either power my phone or satnav it I could buy the plug
Steve u can get the plugs from any yam dealership as they are in the parts book

flipper

Reaction score
this?

Yamaha MT-09 12V DC Outlet 1RC-F254B-00-00

stevecbr

Reaction score
Thats what they keep on about, but that is a permanent live directly to the battery, and its got a big, ugly car cigarette lighter thing.
I want something more like this, but plug it into the switched auxillary plug, not wired direct to the battery

12v Waterproof Motorbike USB Power Socket Adapter Charger Outlet Motorcycle ATV | eBay

someone on here has managed to do it, but they butchered the electrical connectors to make it fit. I want a simple plug and play, with the benefit of being switched on with the ignition, and protected by the fuse box

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats what they keep on about, but that is a permanent live directly to the battery, and its got a big, ugly car cigarette lighter thing.
I want something more like this, but plug it into the switched auxillary plug, not wired direct to the battery

12v Waterproof Motorbike USB Power Socket Adapter Charger Outlet Motorcycle ATV | eBay

someone on here has managed to do it, but they butchered the electrical connectors to make it fit. I want a simple plug and play, with the benefit of being switched on with the ignition, and protected by the fuse box

Calling all sparkies....

Can this be done. I feel Steve will kill someone soon if this isn't achieved lol. It must be possible...it's only a couple of bloody wires.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score

That's what the picture shows but have you seen one in the flesh?

This is listed for the MT07 and looks like it might have the right connector

12V DC Outlet MT-07 - Genuine options - 1WS-F254B-00-00 - Yamaha Motor UK

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I've got the official cigarette lighter socket on mine... Apparently, under the right air intake there's a white plug, when you order the official socket you expect the proper connector, you don't.. It's a generic battery fitting... I bought a belkin USB adapter and tried it with both iPhone 5s and TomTom XL, both worked fine..

This is the adapter (didn't pay that price) GENUINE Belkin Bullet USB Car Charger+ Lightning Cable for iPhone 6, 6+,5,5S,5C | eBay

So far, all has been ok, no battery drain..

george

Reaction score
The aux switch under the right hand panel has the connector attached but is missing the terminals. I bought a sumitomo socket of a different size from ebay as I only needed the terminals and grommets supplied. I then put the terminals on a cigarette lighter socket which is now also hidden under the panel. This is now connected to my bike camera wich switches on with the ignition. Can't remember if it was a male or female sumitomo socket. I will post if I find out.