Tall MT-09 Riders

jond201

Reaction score
Anyone over 6 feet that's riding or ridden the beast? How, d'you find it for comfort? I'm 6'4" with a 34 inch inside leg and have yet to test ride an MT-09...

flydnb

Reaction score
wow 6ft4 I am 5 ft 8 and I find it quite a small bike physically , my mate is 6ft 5 and its to small for him as are most sports bikes.

julianziggy

Reaction score
i'm 6 foot 1" and the bike seems fine for me, although I was riding a GPX250 before my MT-09.

there's lots of room to move back and forwards on the MT-09 seat, if you go right forwards it feels smaller but I think that's how its meant to feel. it feels a bit like a dirt bike there and gives you lots of confidence.

relz

Reaction score
In about 1.85 meters (do the math :). The bike isn't big, but I find it very comfortable.
The one small thing that bothers me a bit, is that my left heel touches the rear swingarm (big feet) once when I was really crouched almost standing on my toes my heel got slightly jammed under the rear passenger foot peg...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

bill

Reaction score
No Problem !!!

I had the same question. I'm 19.3 and was worried until I took one for a test ride, For some reason It works for a tall guy, still don't understand it, yes you can move fwd and back on the seat but most of all you seem to fit into the bike it's self under the tank.

Idle Idol Idyll

Reaction score
183cm tall and felt too cramped to be able to stand riding it for long.
I often go for 500 kilometre rides and I reckon I'd be cramping at 200. Definitely worth looking at the Yamaha Accessories catalog as they have adjustable pegs/levers listed

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
There are adjustable pegs to allow for (I believe) 1cm extension. But that may not be enough for us over 180cm on long hauls.
But judjing from the way the subframe is mounted, customizers may be able to fabricate a taller subframe or seat.

Chuck

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and haven't ridden for 5 years :( and had a CBR900 fireblade previous, I have no issue but haven't been on a long trip as yet, you just get used to it.

Chuck

Reaction score
Spent more time ot the MT now, if your tall and ride with the arch of you foot on the pegs you will be dragging your toes quite easily if you get aggressive in the corners.
Other that that, quite comfortable on short journeys, deffinately be thinking about comfort seat for longer rides.