That damn sticker

Burg308

Reaction score
Hi, boys and gals,
New to the forum,blazing orange is the way forward ,it sulks in the garage as I type,brand spanker but removed the sticker the paint is a lighter under Neath ,any one else had this trouble .?

sigtrm

Reaction score
Well I scratched like one four cubic mm of the sticker and gave up bc of different paint shade.

M

MT account

the base coat is beneath a (very) thick layer of clear coat so it should not be different. the clearcoat has a UV filter in it so there cant/shouldnt be any fading.

Burg308

Reaction score
The clear coat as you say is very thick,it is perfectly smooth and not scratched,but the rectangle where the sticker was is lighter,do you think it will darken now it exposed to the light?

M

MT account

it should be the same as the rest of the tank. can we have a photo?...

Kinjane

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are some things that can bleed into a clearcoat and discolour it like undiluted screen clean, some types of antifreeze and womens hand cream!!!! for example.

Perhaps the sticker adhesive has had some input into the colour change. If time and sunlight exposure don't cure the paint problem there's probably a part number for the sticker so you can at least cover it with another sticker :(

Burg308

Reaction score
Thanks for your input lads,as far as colour goes grey is the new beige,mines a full on Jaffa cake and it's bostin

M

MT account

Unfortunately there are some things that can bleed into a clearcoat and discolour it like womens handjob cream!!!!

(
i must make sure them wimmin wipe their hands properly before grappling with my big red rocket........
20140610_215934_LLS.jpg20140611_140904.jpg

Kinjane

Reaction score
Thanks for your input lads,as far as colour goes grey is the new beige,mines a full on Jaffa cake and it's bostin
I've heard the stock seat can turn you into a Jaffa if your not careful. I've added a pair of chair leg rubbers to the front of mine, which has not only removed the seat wobble but in addition to my grey LUDDE have improved comfort to the level of not needing another seat. Cost of Ludde £25. Cost of rubbers £1.80. Cost of stanley knife blade, negligable. Cost of not having your scrotum permanently kissing your hemorrhoids....Priceless.

M

MT account

and you can reuse the stanley knife to deal with the hemorrhoids...............:eek:

Kinjane

Reaction score
and you can reuse the stanley knife to deal with the hemorrhoids...............:eek:
That's so very true, as well as being quick and more convenient than a hospital appointment.
Thats why I prefer to take a proactive approach rather than a reactive one when it comes to personal comfort. I wouldn't want to end up down that alley that's for certain!

rob5006

Reaction score
Just removed the sticker which left some glue residue. Looked on the tinternet for tips on how to remove the goo and had success. Vegetable oil. Put some veg oil on your finger and slowly massage it in. Leave for about 1 minute and then remove with a bit of kitchen roll by small but firm-ish circular movements. After that, wet soapy sponge over the area and then wipe clean with wet/damp cloth. just tried it on mine-no scratch or discolouration-perfect! Apparantly all adhesive is oil based and veg oil waters down the goo making it easy to remove...now my annoying white fuel sticker is no more!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
MT account, Birdy, Flydnb and myself used a mixture of lump hammers and a dremmel to remove our stickers...! Cheap and quick lol

M

MT account

........it did take me several days to get all these off tho...............20140610_215934_LLS.jpg