The tracer ecu flash is here..!

Cabby

Reaction score
Interesting read on what the reflash does, and although i have next to no knowledge of these things i have been in contact with Kev who does the o2 thing and also does a reflash, for oz and nz only, i should add.

Anyway seems his reflash does so much more in regards throttle opening etc. Another thing of note is the price of the reflash. I had the ecu on my super tenere done recently and it was £150.

Your thoughts TT ??

Stuart McIntosh

Reaction score
It's ok I found it, thanks for the link :p

I've read 35 pages and so far, it's told me nothing of the tracer, so again, thanks for your help.

kevxtx

Reaction score
I built my Tracer flash maps back in July this year for the Australian market, todate I have flashed over 60 MT's & Tracer with 100% positive feedback all my maps are built by myself, I do not use Flash Tunes generic maps. I am busy working on the none Lams Australian MT07 maps at the moment.

glaik0562

Reaction score
Hi, would you care to tell us what the difference has been like ??
It has smoothed out A mode and standard mode. It includes the 02 closed loop so i do not need the Kev's O2 controller. Simon does a grand job and its worth the money. Especially A mode which is now so much more usable. I commute into london 5 days a week through heavy traffic and i can now use A mode for commuting if needed. highly recommended.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has smoothed out A mode and standard mode. It includes the 02 closed loop so i do not need the Kev's O2 controller. Simon does a grand job and its worth the money. Especially A mode which is now so much more usable. I commute into london 5 days a week through heavy traffic and i can now use A mode for commuting if needed. highly recommended.
Glad you like the flash. Another satisfied customer lol

tundrah

Reaction score
I'd just like to add that Simon is a wizard and a gentleman. After a hour and 45 minute ride on a fresh morning, almost dieing numerous times down a muddy and very narrow lane ("Waze" apps fault not Simon's), I happened on Simon's magical cave. He was very welcoming and very happy to share his knowledge. He even showed me the R1M he is currently working on on his dyno. :)

After an hour or so of chatting, coffee and a little bit of disassembling and reassembling. The Mistress, I mean my Tracer, was flashed.

Within a matter of feet I could feel the difference, the throttle was smoother and more responsive, almost like a mode between A and STD. As I rode more I could tell the slow speed power off - power on "lag" was gone. I was soon hurtling down the motorway in sixth gear, I went to overtake some douche bag Beemer driver sat in the middle lane. I throttled on and she pulled, I was soon leaving him in my spray. Don't get me wrong the standard Tracer pulls in sixth just fine but this was better, much better.

Now all this is happening in STD mode, my go to mode for general riding. I am looking forward to a dry day tomorrow to see what Beast mode (A mode) has to to offer.

Thank you very much to the Wizard Simon for your magical workings today, I rode away a very happy customer. Thanks also to TT for helping me get in touch with Simon too, shame I didn't get to meet you in person though. I know Simon does look over this site in a godly manner but TT if he misses this let him know he has racked up another satisfied customer.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd just like to add that Simon is a wizard and a gentleman. After a hour and 45 minute ride on a fresh morning, almost dieing numerous times down a muddy and very narrow lane ("Waze" apps fault not Simon's), I happened on Simon's magical cave. He was very welcoming and very happy to share his knowledge. He even showed me the R1M he is currently working on on his dyno. :)

After an hour or so of chatting, coffee and a little bit of disassembling and reassembling. The Mistress, I mean my Tracer, was flashed.

Within a matter of feet I could feel the difference, the throttle was smoother and more responsive, almost like a mode between A and STD. As I rode more I could tell the slow speed power off - power on "lag" was gone. I was soon hurtling down the motorway in sixth gear, I went to overtake some douche bag Beemer driver sat in the middle lane. I throttled on and she pulled, I was soon leaving him in my spray. Don't get me wrong the standard Tracer pulls in sixth just fine but this was better, much better.

Now all this is happening in STD mode, my go to mode for general riding. I am looking forward to a dry day tomorrow to see what Beast mode (A mode) has to to offer.

Thank you very much to the Wizard Simon for your magical workings today, I rode away a very happy customer. Thanks also to TT for helping me get in touch with Simon too, shame I didn't get to meet you in person though. I know Simon does look over this site in a godly manner but TT if he misses this let him know he has racked up another satisfied customer.
Thank you so much for the very decent write up...
I'm glad you are happy with the service and also the flash. Sadly I missed you by about 30 minutes but Simon filled me in on the gory details lol...
We've spent a lot of time developing this so just knowing it is spot on is a massive plus for us...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We now have an an excellent flash and map to go with it for the Tracer so get yourself booked in before spring has well and truly sprung [emoji15][emoji106]

MT09-KING

Reaction score
I own tracy the r1 and blade eater!!!!

So.....
Who wants to be the first person in Europe to have their tracer ECU flashed???
I WAS THE 1ST PERSON MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
S-TEC Performance did a good Job got all my parts via Chorley Yamaha and got them fitted got Simon the guy that did my tuning to do the ECU100% boss bike :D

proud owner of the fastest non turbo charged MT09 Tracer !!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I OWN TRACY THE R1 AND BLADE EATER!!!!

BIG THANKS TO CHORLEY YAMAHA, SIMON and S-TEC Team!!!!!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I WAS THE 1ST PERSON MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
S-TEC Performance did a good Job got all my parts via Chorley Yamaha and got them fitted got Simon the guy that did my tuning to do the ECU100% boss bike :D

proud owner of the fastest non turbo charged MT09 Tracer !!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I OWN TRACY THE R1 AND BLADE EATER!!!!

BIG THANKS TO CHORLEY YAMAHA, SIMON and S-TEC Team!!!!!!
Lol. Me and Simon are having a brew, I've just read this review out to him and he lol'd. Thanks for the write up Dave [emoji106]

relz

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a difference in the ECU's between the ABS and non-ABS versions of the Tracer?
All the Tracer's here in Israel come with ABS by default...
The tracer here also has three levels of traction control. Is that something that can be configured during the Flash (in case we want to add/remove sensitivity), or does it just stay as is?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The tracer comes with tc as default so it's either turned on or off I'm afraid. You would have to find someone in Israel who could flash this for you

Last edited: