The tracer ecu flash is here..!

relz

Reaction score
The tracer comes with tc as default so it's either turned on or off I'm afraid. You would have to find someone in Israel who could flash this for you
Thanks.
As far as I can tell it comes with ABS as default too.

Sven

Reaction score
Thats fine. I only asked as that was the only mention of price i could find on this thread - although that was from about 2 years ago so i expected it to be a bit more now.
Whats the best way to contact you or Simon to book it in?
Thanks

fazers1

Reaction score
2017 tracer

Hi TT can the 2017 tracer be flashed ??

Wooody

Reaction score
Tracer Ecu flash

Hi all. I took my 2016 mt09 tracer (although it's probably a 2015 model) ecu to S tec Performance last Saturday.
Like so many others before, I have experienced the same poor fuelling issue.
Having read all the related threads on the forums, I decided to contact Simon at S tec and give it a go.
I don't think that I have met anyone as dedicated and enthusiastic as Simon. Hes background is racing and all things bike. He knows what he's doing. I must add that Simon is a gentleman who made me feel very welcome. He carefully explained the whole process and ensured that I fully understood.
Having flashed the ecu, returned home and refitted, I took the bike out.
It's a different bike. It is super buttery smooth. Unbelievable.
I really find it difficult to understand how manufacturers can willingly release the bike on us in that state of tune.
Thank goodness it can be corrected.
If you do decide to go with Simon for an ecu flash, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm not.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of interest.

whats changed for 2017 that effects the flash?
We won't know until the ecu has been prototyped and is on the system and no idea when this will be done, also if the ecu number is not on the system we can't flash it as it could cause problems with the ecu so not worth the risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

otaylor38

Reaction score
We won't know until the ecu has been prototyped and is on the system and no idea when this will be done, also if the ecu number is not on the system we can't flash it as it could cause problems with the ecu so not worth the risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ah okay. Cheers for that.

So basically.. it could well be exactly the same, we just haven't had enough time to know yet?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all. I took my 2016 mt09 tracer (although it's probably a 2015 model) ecu to S tec Performance last Saturday.
Like so many others before, I have experienced the same poor fuelling issue.
Having read all the related threads on the forums, I decided to contact Simon at S tec and give it a go.
I don't think that I have met anyone as dedicated and enthusiastic as Simon. Hes background is racing and all things bike. He knows what he's doing. I must add that Simon is a gentleman who made me feel very welcome. He carefully explained the whole process and ensured that I fully understood.
Having flashed the ecu, returned home and refitted, I took the bike out.
It's a different bike. It is super buttery smooth. Unbelievable.
I really find it difficult to understand how manufacturers can willingly release the bike on us in that state of tune.
Thank goodness it can be corrected.
If you do decide to go with Simon for an ecu flash, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm not.

Hi Woody. Thank you very much for your kind words and excellent review. I know simon reads these even though he doesn't comment lol. He said he will email you.

Regards.

paulb3375

Reaction score
I had my Tracer for just a fortnight, and knew I just wouldn't be able to get on with the snatchy throttle. So I bit the bullet and had the flash done sooner rather than later.

I posted the ECU off to Simon at S-Tec and dealt via. email, all responded to promptly and courteously and turned round in double quick time.

I have to say the bike is transformed. He does say the suspension will feel better as it's not having to cope with the jerky throttle. I have to say I agree, the whole bike feels sorted now.

One thing he does say is that most opt for starting in STD mode now, it's just a toy for me so I went for starting in A. I have to say that for most people most of the time STD is surely enough. I know it's only a minor task to change modes, but changing from A to B to STD for normal riding is proving more of a niggle than changing from STD to A for playtime, so do give this some thought.

So, another satisfied customer happy to recommend this service.

Thanks Simon (& TT)

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
Hi TT,

I'm thinking of getting the flash done my '16 MT-09 Tracer. I've had the occasional slightly scary moment when out for a blast in A mode. I'll brake coming into a corner and as I turn in and open the throttle, I get nothing and then something, which pushes the front wide. Not ideal. I'm hoping the map will smooth this all out.

I'm based in south-east London, but my brother lives in Pewsey, south of Marlborough, so we'd be able to come over on a Saturday morning, if that's possible? What's the price these days?

Cheers,

Tim

gecko55

Reaction score
What does an ECU flash do you your Yamaha warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk