The tracer ecu flash is here..!

Chicha

Reaction score
Hi TT,
I had read a lot of things on this forum but i didn’t find request to set up ECU in way to put flashed A mode to STD place, and STD flash to A mode. It means that STD mode would be most aggressive one.

qual

Reaction score
Any updates on 2017 tracer flash ! Im very interested in popping down to get it done :)

fazers1

Reaction score
Hi TT,
I had read a lot of things on this forum but i didn’t find request to set up ECU in way to put flashed A mode to STD place, and STD flash to A mode. It means that STD mode would be most aggressive one.
I trhink you mean putting A mode as the default so when you turn on ignition the bike always starts in A mode

B

Benchmark

I trhink you mean putting A mode as the default so when you turn on ignition the bike always starts in A mode
But it always starts in the mode you left it in, well mine does as I leave it in A mode.

fazers1

Reaction score
But it always starts in the mode you left it in, well mine does as I leave it in A mode.
Think you maybe right there Benchmark [you are correct i just went and checked] it does always start in the mode you left it in.Now what i dont understand is what the guys are doing when they get ECU flashed with Amode as the default mode??????

MT10SP

Reaction score
Think you maybe right there Benchmark [you are correct i just went and checked] it does always start in the mode you left it in.Now what i dont understand is what the guys are doing when they get ECU flashed with Amode as the default mode??????
Pre 2017 models always defaulted to STD

Toppie

Reaction score
I think my ECU's on it's way back to me here in Shamrockshire after having it tweaked by Simon.
Hope to have it before the weekend and see what differences there may be..........:D

Toppie

Reaction score
I think my ECU's on it's way back to me here in Shamrockshire after having it tweaked by Simon.
Hope to have it before the weekend and see what differences there may be..........:D
Sweet Jehovah!

I have to say that I made a BIG mistake posting off my ECU to S-TEC for its re-flash last week.
I should've done it last year when I first bought the bike.
It's transformed an already very good motorcycle.
My big issue with the Tracer, even though it was punted as having the fuelling issues of the original MT-09 sorted, was that it was simply unpleasant for me to ride the rural roads around where I live due to its lumpy power delivery at lower rpm.
I got my ECU back in the post this morning and I fitted it this afternoon in about 30 minutes.
After just a couple of minutes riding I realised what a huge improvement there was riding the back lanes around my home.
Out on the open road though, I got summat I hadn't asked for, or, expected.
This 850 triple's a fekkin' flying machine now.
I'm seriously impressed.
Thanks to Simon of S-TEC and to Richie and his post that put me onto this really worthwhile 'upgrade'.

pwing8812

Reaction score
Sweet Jehovah!

I have to say that I made a BIG mistake posting off my ECU to S-TEC for its re-flash last week.
I should've done it last year when I first bought the bike.
It's transformed an already very good motorcycle.
My big issue with the Tracer, even though it was punted as having the fuelling issues of the original MT-09 sorted, was that it was simply unpleasant for me to ride the rural roads around where I live due to its lumpy power delivery at lower rpm.
I got my ECU back in the post this morning and I fitted it this afternoon in about 30 minutes.
After just a couple of minutes riding I realised what a huge improvement there was riding the back lanes around my home.
Out on the open road though, I got summat I hadn't asked for, or, expected.
This 850 triple's a fekkin' flying machine now.
I'm seriously impressed.
Thanks to Simon of S-TEC and to Richie and his post that put me onto this really worthwhile 'upgrade'.

Nice one toppie

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TRACER 2017 ECU FLASH NOW AVAILABLE

Another first for S-Tec Performance, we can now offer our comprehensive ecu flash for the 2017 Tracer. As with the flash for the 15-16 Tracer you will benefit from new fuel maps to suit your setup whether running the stock exhaust or aftermarket system, plus the following options:

Disable Injection Decel cut (smooth on/off throttle)
Disable 5th & 6th gear restrictions (speed limiter}
Disable Closed Loop (o2 sensor removed, IAP remapped)
Disable AIS
Reduce fan operating temps

There is also the Woolich Race Tools option available which would give you a Quickshifter and Autoblipper plus Launch Control. Please check out the Woolichracing.com website for more details.

Please contact us on [email protected] for info and prices.

We would like to thank Steve Robinson for kindly lending us his ecu and for his feedback after riding his Tracer with the new flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice one toppie

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the review toppie...
Both Simon and I here at S-Tec really appreciate feedback, good or bad (we haven’t had any bad yet lol [emoji106]).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
I arranged to visit S-Tec just before Easter and get my ECU flashed by Simon. (Some problem with the forum's security has prevented me from posting this until now.)

It took him a couple of hours to do everything, including blanking off the lambda sensor and getting the ECU out to flash it. He explained everything as he was doing it. I ended up going for all the ECU options -- disabling the top speed limiter, lower fan temperature, reduced engine braking and turning off the air system -- apart from starting up in A mode.

For "normal" riding or touring with panniers, STD mode is fine. It's definitely a lot smoother in town now, with none of the strange hesitation and hunting I would sometimes feel on part throttle between 20 and 40 mph. A mode has had a massive improvement. It's now much, much smoother, with none of the glitches and off-one feel when opening the throttle coming out of corners that it had before. It pulls like a train on bigger throttle openings, too, as Simon explained it would. Before the flash, I would usually give up on A mode and go back to STD because of harshness, but not any more. It's perfect if you're heading out for a blast and want to push things.

Thanks again, Simon, for your work on this.

Tim

adewood

Reaction score
Well with my bike stripped down to do a deep clean it would be rude not to have a word with Triple Trouble for a quote on a cheeky flash :) 2015 Tracer MT09