This is what I learned today !!!

groundhog

Reaction score
Always remember there are idiot car drivers about !

I took my nice shiney Tracer for it's 600 mile service this morning, then on the way back home some stupid TW*T in a car took me out on a roundabout...............'I did not see you' she said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bike is a bit of a mess, maybe even a write off, and I'm a bit bruised but okay,

So that's what I learned today !

sigtrm

Reaction score

I took my nice shiney Tracer for it's 600 mile service this morning, then on the way back home some stupid TW*T in a car took me out on a roundabout...............'I did not see you' she said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bike is a bit of a mess, maybe even a write off, and I'm a bit bruised but okay,

Good you are ok. It sucks, beginning of the season and fracked up new bike.
Got any pics?

Ad. Visibility sometimes I wear a vest like one below, it reads POLSKA (Poland) it is the same as our Police vest, POLICJA vs POLSKA, got it?
Add white helmet....:)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426782816.479510.jpg

big ade

Reaction score
glad to hear your ok. shame about your new toy, hope you get it all sorted sooner rather than later .....

Coopie

Reaction score
Aww bad luck mate ...... hope you get it sorted from her insurance really quick

groundhog

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

She has admitted liability and to the police who were there so that's good. I'm actually wondering if it might be a write off, there is a fair bit of damage including twisted forks, engine casings plus plastics.
Not looking forward to dealing with all the insurance stuff but hopefully it will get sorted before too long

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a phone call today from the company dealing with my accident that I had in September last year lol...
It was a completely non fault claim and today the 3rd party insurance company finally coughed up the cash for my helmet and boots.....wot a piss take...

groundhog

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your prang fella, glad you're ok and hope you're on a new steed asap
I'm okay thanks Andy just strains, bumps and bruises. My Yamaha dealer put me in contact with a company who are pursuing the claim for my bike and helmet and they are also making an injury claim on my behalf, all free of charge. Also they are dropping me off a Kawasaki ER 6 courtesy bike over the weekend to use all the time my bike is off the road. Top service !!!

The weirdest thing about the whole thing was that just as I was just picking myself up and checking if everything was still attached to my body I looked up and there's an ambulance driver stood in front of me asking if I'm okay !!! Bloody hell that's what I call service :D He just happened to be at the roundabout a few seconds after it happened !

Last edited:

Andyc1511

Reaction score
That really is top service! Always gutting when your pride and joy ends in a heap and more so when its due to someone elses carelessness. But, at least you're ok and thats the most important thing. And what are the chances of an ambulance bod being there at that same time?! In the meantime enjoy the replacement ER6 (good allrounders) and maybe catch you over at Alton cafe sometime. Cheers

groundhog

Reaction score
I will look out for an MT 09 at Alton, do you get over to Loomies ? I got the ER6 yesterday and it's quite fun to ride, it was good to get back on the horse so to speak !
I had a call from the dealers today and the damage cost for my bike is £3000 so now it's just the waiting for the claim to go through and the parts to come in. I asked if they had any idea how long the parts would be and there was a bit of a silence followed by 'ummmm' and then 'I have no idea' I'm guessing with the Tracer being such a new model I could be on the ER6 for a while. I hope not because I'm already missing my bike

Milo Minderbinder

Reaction score
That really is top service! Always gutting when your pride and joy ends in a heap and more so when its due to someone elses carelessness. But, at least you're ok and thats the most important thing. And what are the chances of an ambulance bod being there at that same time?! In the meantime enjoy the replacement ER6 (good allrounders) and maybe catch you over at Alton cafe sometime. Cheers
Were you there Sunday ? - I was there in the afternoon and there were a couple of other MT09s in the car park.

Andyc1511

Reaction score
Were you there Sunday ? - I was there in the afternoon and there were a couple of other MT09s in the car park.
Hey Milo. Nope wasnt me last Sunday as I was oop north in Yorkshire. I'm there most Saturdays tho if its not pissing it down, and some Sundays for a meet up and ride on somewhere. Next time youre over look out for a purple one (MT09 that is) and a northern geezer loitering and say hi. Cheers, Andy

groundhog

Reaction score

I had a call from the dealers today and the damage cost comes to £3,000 !! I asked them how long getting the parts is likely to be, there was a pause followed by 'I have no idea' That didn't exactly fill me with optimism !

Andyc1511

Reaction score
I will look out for an MT 09 at Alton, do you get over to Loomies ? I got the ER6 yesterday and it's quite fun to ride, it was good to get back on the horse so to speak !
I had a call from the dealers today and the damage cost for my bike is £3000 so now it's just the waiting for the claim to go through and the parts to come in. I asked if they had any idea how long the parts would be and there was a bit of a silence followed by 'ummmm' and then 'I have no idea' I'm guessing with the Tracer being such a new model I could be on the ER6 for a while. I hope not because I'm already missing my bike
Jeeeez £3k!! Hope they get it sorted before the decent weather finally arrives.

Haven't been to Loomies for quite a while but will make the effort to get over there a bit more this year. Last time I went on my Aprilia Mille I parked towards the back of the carpark then had to wait for a couple of hours to get back out as it filled up so quickly. Anyway, hope to see you there or Alton some time.