Throttle Freeplay

Chris West

Reaction score
I can't find anything in the manual or on the tinterweb regarding throttle free play adjustment.
Anyone got info on this?

marthy

Reaction score
The adjuster is behind the dash. Reducing free play to a minimum help the jerky throttle a bit. Tight it up bit beep a little slack. Check steering lock to pock to make sure its not too tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Chris West

Reaction score
Doh!! Didn't look hard enough.
Thank's for that.
Job done and feels really good.
So much more predictably :)

misscrabstick

Reaction score
The MT09 is fly by wire right? why do they use cables when the electronic switch could just easily be built into the throttle housing on the bars saving the need for cables?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The MT09 is fly by wire right? why do they use cables when the electronic switch could just easily be built into the throttle housing on the bars saving the need for cables?
It's too big and too sensitive to put on the grip... And it stops ppl like us playing with it and braking it lol. Also... Keeps it out of the elements

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I thought there were two inlet butterflies, one electronic and one connected to the throttle cable ? So not actually a real 'fly by wire' bike ??? I'm probably wrong though :)

misscrabstick

Reaction score
In car world fly by wire usually means a double track potentiometer on the throttle pedal itself, then the butterfly/butterflies are opened by an electric stepper motor.