Thumb on my right hand hurts after long driving

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Simple....
Gripping too tight is the ONLY reason. Buy a throttle cruise controller..or grip more with ur index and middle finger thus relieving the need to grip hard with ur thumb.

M

MT account

are you talking about thumb going numb and/or pins n needles? i get that too on the FZ. A LOT. thats got stock bar ends and i wear very thin textile gloves. i dont get it on the MT with acerbis guards and thin leather gloves.

Mtpete

Reaction score
You just need to relax on the bike, are you new to road riding? It is very common for new riders to ride white knuckle style, just try and relax. Hold the bars like a little kitten. I used to do a lot of dirt bike riding and that's how I learnt to relax because if you didn't you get arm pump a that sihti is crippling.

flydnb

Reaction score
Its either you are gripping to hard or you mght need to adjust your lever movement/ span .

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
My right hand is also getting numb at times. Changed my summer leather gloves for a different make and size, which has really helped, but it does still happen to a lesser degree. Doesn't occur when I switch to my winter gloves with more padding.

stunva

Reaction score
Are you gripping too tight trying to control the snatchy throttle ?

Put it in B mode and ride around and see if it still hurts.

MadGelo

Reaction score
are you talking about thumb going numb and/or pins n needles? i get that too on the FZ. A LOT. thats got stock bar ends and i wear very thin textile gloves. i dont get it on the MT with acerbis guards and thin leather gloves.
Needles, doesnt go numb, i think

sigtrm

Reaction score
That's snatchy throttle biting your hand obviously.

Milo Minderbinder

Reaction score
I have same problem and I think it is sub conscious effort used to control the throttle, I have ordered some 'grip puppies' to see if they make any difference.

PaulG

Reaction score
what am I doing wrong?
Mine goes numb.
I fixed it by changing the diameter of the grips.Actually,I forced a pair of Progrip gel grips over the standard grips,using soapy water.
This sort of discomfort can be caused by a plethora of things.