Top box & rack for tracer which is best?

Hexme

Reaction score
Well thanks very much SVEN. Appreciate your help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Bought my Tracer in June with a yamaha box and rack (unfortunately I can't take any pics at mo as the bike is at the dealers for repair).

Just came back from a trip to Scotland, first time I used the top box. I was wondering if other people had noticed how much play the top plate has compared to the rack, and do you have a problem with this. It seems that the box slides to one side when you take a sharp bend :eek:

My bike shop says that it is designed to have some free play to prevent excess vibration, but IMO there is too much play and I would have thought a few rubber grommets should be able to absorb any vibrations.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, thnx.

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I also have the Givi rack and plate with a V47 top box which matches my bike colour. I find this a great set up and I reckon it looks the biz on the Tracer. The other option I have is to swap the top box for the larger Givi Outback Trekker that I have on my BNW GSA - however, I don't think the look suits the Tracer as much and it is too big. I have the standard Yamaha panniers but also have SW Motech pannier rails which lets me use some SW Motech adventure panniers that I also own. Givi tends to be good stuff albeit somewhat expensive.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I have a Givi Outback 42Ltr top box and rack....excellent so far
20170516_174326.jpg

ib1-2

Reaction score
I have a Givi Trekkar top box. There's no play and is rock solid. It came with additional rubber pads if required. Luggage shouldn't move around as it will make the bike unstable.