Top box & rack for tracer which is best?

Shaun64

Reaction score
As above ive been looking at racks for the tracer just wonderd what others had bought and what you think to them,cheers.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have fitted the Givi SR2122 rack to mine, but I paired it with a Yamaha top plate as I already had the Yamaha box from my other MT09, so I can now switch it between the two. The rack works well, and with a Givi plate you have a huge choice of box to choose from.
P1050554.jpg
The boxes do sit quite high on the Tracer, but any lower and you struggle to see the rear light from behind.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Cheers trevor it looks nice and neat,i was looking a givi stuff last nite,do you have a tail tidy fitted with your rack?and is your suspension better on your tracer compared to your mt09?.

andrewmt09

Reaction score
As above ive been looking at racks for the tracer just wonderd what others had bought and what you think to them,cheers.
I think the Givi bracket looks good with the Tracer plus there is then a huge choice. I have a V47 box so I'm thinking of trying that on the Tracer.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Yes I have a Yamaha tail tidy fitted. The Tracer suspension is better than the 09 was standard, but I have fitted Maxton on the and it is a huge improvement. Not sure if I will do the suspension on the Tracer as it is OK now I have set the static sag, and played around with the adjustment.

Sven

Reaction score
I have fitted the Givi SR2122 rack & M5 plate to mine. I also have a Givi v47 topbox on it.
At work at the moment so only have this pic. Can take more tonight if you want to see it better!

Attachments

Shaun64

Reaction score
Yes I have a Yamaha tail tidy fitted. The Tracer suspension is better than the 09 was standard, but I have fitted Maxton on the and it is a huge improvement. Not sure if I will do the suspension on the Tracer as it is OK now I have set the static sag, and played around with the adjustment.
Thats good news about the suspension,when i test rode the tracer i thought it was fine,on my last bike i spent over £1100 on suspension improvments which really worked but you loose some cash when you sell the bike so i am going to hold off with suspension up grades for now,cheers.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I have fitted the Givi SR2122 rack & M5 plate to mine. I also have a Givi v47 topbox on it.
At work at the moment so only have this pic. Can take more tonight if you want to see it better!
That would be great sven.

andrewmt09

Reaction score
I would be keen on seeing that too before I look at moving mine over. Thanks.

Sven

Reaction score
Right, here's some better pics.
Have taken some of rack/plate & some with the topbox fitted.
I've also got the Givi quick release pannier rails which i use with Givi E21 panniers. I only use the panniers occasionally (when i go touring) so decided to get the quick release ones. Glad i did as with the rails removed, it looks so much better. It only takes 60 seconds to fit the rails & the panniers!!
I've added a couple of pics of these, in case anyones interested as well.
I'll need to do 2 posts as i can only upload 5 pics at a time!

Attachments

Shaun64

Reaction score
Thankyou sven,it looks good what ltr is the top box?.

Sven

Reaction score
47 ltrs
I already had the topbox & panniers from my last bike, so only needed the fittings when l bought the tracer.

andrewmt09

Reaction score
47 ltrs
I already had the topbox & panniers from my last bike, so only needed the fittings when l bought the tracer.
Hi Sven,

Thanks for those pics. I was also considering the pannier racks which come off. Definatly looks like that is the way to go. Did you have to remove the Yamaha luggage points to fit them? I quite like them as I often choose to travel with a waterproof roll bag and the luggage points have great strap points on them.

Cheers,
Andrew

Sven

Reaction score
Yes you have to remove the yamaha luggage fittings.
You may be able to see better on this pic.

Attachments

stavrosd2006

Reaction score
I have fitted the Givi SR2122 rack to mine, but I paired it with a Yamaha top plate as I already had the Yamaha box from my other MT09, so I can now switch it between the two. The rack works well, and with a Givi plate you have a huge choice of box to choose from.
View attachment 3977
The boxes do sit quite high on the Tracer, but any lower and you struggle to see the rear light from behind.
Hi from Crete,

By looking at the attached photo, indeed your case seems to sit higher than mine by a cm or so( have the same rack but different plate)
I have used an old yamaha oem top case from my previous bike and i had to fit a plate for monolock system.

Hexme

Reaction score
Hi SVEN, are the panniers wider than the bars when fitted? Just out of interest did you used to be on the UKGSER site? your name looks familiar?

BTW, bike looks good kitted up!

Sven

Reaction score
Hi Hexme, i would very much doubt that the E21's are wider than the bars - they are probably the narrowest panniers you can get! I can measure them tomorrow if you want.
I've never been on UKGSER, but used to be on V-Strom.co.uk as i had 2 V-strom 650's.

Hexme

Reaction score
Hi Hexme, i would very much doubt that the E21's are wider than the bars - they are probably the narrowest panniers you can get! I can measure them tomorrow if you want.
I've never been on UKGSER, but used to be on V-Strom.co.uk as i had 2 V-strom 650's.
Firstly thanks SVEN, measurements would be good, and possibly a picture from the front and rear with panniers fitted would be good if possible please? I've had Vstrom in the past and was using their forum, probably where I recognise the name from.

Thanks

Tony

Sven

Reaction score
Had a quick measure today - the panniers measure about 32" across, whilst the bars measure 36" from bar end to bar end & 38" at the widest point which is handguard to handguard. So filtering really is no problem.
I took some pics but was rather dark as in the garage (the mrs parked her car behind so I couldn't get it out easily!)

Attachments