Tour of the Alps - off road rental?

Spook99

Reaction score
So I've gone and done it and popped the question to my long suffering, CB1000R riding, love of my life.
So begins the planning for the big day, that being the Tour de Stag de France in May!!! Or as one of my 2 companions have called it the 2016 TTT (Two Tracers and a Tractor (that being his GS1200))

This will incorporate finding the best routes we can through the Alps for the best part of a week, I can bearly contain my excitement!! Any suggestions would be gladly accepted.

We've all done a couple of days off road on 250s and we've been searching the net for a place we can rent something similar for a day while in the Alps, but most places I've found rent touring bikes or Harvey-Davistations.
Any one recommend any off road rental places in the Alpine area?

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi Spook
You're heading to the part of the world which is proof positive that god rides a bike and this is where he does it.
I've been down there many times on many machines and love it to bits.
The fun starts just past Grenoble and if you are there after the snow has melted, all the mountain passes are open so you can ride through the ski resorts.
The two main roads worth a look at are the N85 and N94
Nice places to pass through are Sisteron, Briancon, Gap, Dignes but the whole area is one stunning road after another.
It's worth dropping down to the coast to dip your toes in the Med but you may not want to when you've got the mountains to play in.

Hope you have a great trip,
Fluke

PS, Make sure you have a bit of spare cash waiting for you when you get home cos you're gonna need plastic surgery to get the smile off your face

Spook99

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'll check it all out.

I'll spend the money on fuel and keep the smile!