Touring

psychoattractor

Reaction score
Just back from a 450 mike tour of the Lake District with a few buddies, and a few interesting things popped up:

I got over 140 miles out of every tank, regardless of how enthusiastic I was

There was hardly any buffeting, so there's no way I'm buying any screen. This may be down to my height of 5'9

The seat was unbelievably comfy, not once did I have to shuffle about to ease any discomfort. This may be down to my weight of 75kg, though I did have a 35kg pack on my back as well.

The acceleration, 40-100 is perfect for overtaking on all those twisty roads.

Lastly, the factory fitted tyres (which I usually detest) performed admirably and didn't lose grip once. Even in rain, mud, and cow shit.

Overall I'd have to say this is the best bike I've ever toured on. Way better than my Thundercat, R6, or XJR.

My only complaint is minor, there's no way I could strap anything onto the pillion seat. That's my fault though for fitting a tail tidy and removing the rear pegs!

Matt Grey. Loads of carefully considered extras, all sourced as cheaply as possible of course!

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I did exactly the same mileage this weekend!! And agree with everything you said! (with the exception of the Dunlops fitted to my bike, which are being changed this week)

flydnb

Reaction score
Just back from a 450 mike tour of the Lake District with a few buddies, and a few interesting things popped up:

There was hardly any buffeting, so there's no way I'm buying any screen. This may be down to my height of 5'9

The seat was unbelievably comfy, not once did I have to shuffle about to ease any discomfort. This may be down to my weight of 75kg, though I did have a 35kg pack on my back as well.

Lastly, the factory fitted tyres (which I usually detest) performed admirably and didn't lose grip once. Even in rain, mud, and cow shit.

Overall I'd have to say this is the best bike I've ever toured on. Way better than my Thundercat, R6, or XJR.

My only complaint is minor, there's no way I could strap anything onto the pillion seat. That's my fault though for fitting a tail tidy and removing the rear pegs!

Matt Grey. Loads of carefully considered extras, all sourced as cheaply as possible of course!
sounds cool mate.

M

MT account

thats really great news as ill be doing 2-5000km per trip on mine and the biggest things i want on my saddle weight around 45kg......;)