Tracer - different handlebars anyone ?

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Eyup fine Tracer chaps / chappesses, just wondering if any of you have tried any different non-standard handlebars on your Tracer ? I'm considering changing mine for something a wee bit narrower and possibly with a little more "pull back" so the bar ends are angled further towards the riser, which I think would provide (for me) a more comfortable riding position ? Any thoughts or advice appreciated, cheers, Fletch

guffter6969

Reaction score
I've fitted some from a normal MT09, like you say, just a little narrower and a touch higher, the only issue is that the holes for the switchgear locating pegs are not in the same place, but it;s not too hard to get around this.

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the standard MT-09 bars sound just the job then, will try to source some on Ebay ! Cheers, Fletch

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Well, I finally got round to fitting standard MT-09 handlebars to my Tracer and I'm pleased with the results, they are a very similar shape but are 2" narrower overall (1" each end) and for me give a more natural riding position. Required new holes drilling for the controls but straightforward apart from that. Cost £30 off eBay for the MT-09 bars so a cheap enough mod. Cheers, Fletch

Unfazed

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea, I'm getting fed up bashing stuff up on my daily commute!

stringman

Reaction score
Well, I finally got round to fitting standard MT-09 handlebars to my Tracer and I'm pleased with the results, they are a very similar shape but are 2" narrower overall (1" each end) and for me give a more natural riding position. Required new holes drilling for the controls but straightforward apart from that. Cost £30 off eBay for the MT-09 bars so a cheap enough mod. Cheers, Fletch
does this change the "pull back" angle at all?

I am looking at having the ends of the bars angled slightly more to the bike.
At the moment (as I cant get to the riser bolt) all I have done s rotate the bars towards e.
this makes the bars lower and the riding position slightly more crouched.

if I can move the risers around , this will move the bars forward 10mm allowing me to rotate them more.

on another forum that change the bars for street naked bars but they seem a bit higher (but to angle in at the end)
but what I want is lower and angled!!!