Tracer petrol tank for MT09 naked

fredn4

Reaction score
I am in the process of selling my KTM 950A and fancy something smaller and nimbler on which to pass the rest of my motoring days. My son has an MT07 and I fancy the MT09. I do not wish to replace one big trail bike with the Tracer.
However the 14 litre fuel tank of the MT09 I see as a drawback. Does anyone know if it is feasible to fit the Tracer tank to the naked MT09?
Many thanks
Fred

Casey

Reaction score
This is what I am wondering as the 14 ltr tank is doing my head in, 85/90 miles & I'm stopping for fuel. I'm considering selling the bike due to this fact. Shame as I love the bike.

Laffli

Reaction score
My tracer will do at least 160 miles on 14ltr of fuel. I get 200+ miles on a tank, and have never reached 17ltr filling up.

donut

Reaction score
My tracer will do at least 160 miles on 14ltr of fuel. I get 200+ miles on a tank, and have never reached 17ltr filling up.
The problem becomes one of range anxiety though. It may be possible to do 160 miles on 14 ltrs BUT as the low fuel warning starts around 10/11 ltrs you become worried about how far to push your luck on "reserve" and do not make the most of the tank size.

The confidence of having the extra 3 ltrs on the tracer means that effectively there is a 25-30% bigger tank size before the warning cuts in (as you can use 14 ltrs rather than 11) allowing for less concerns over how far you can go.

Laffli

Reaction score
When the last bar on the fuel gauge starts flashing, there's about 25 miles of fuel left and that when I look to fill up.