transport twisting bridges..

sprint

Reaction score
I have been seeing some slightly twisted bridges on new bikes these days.. This is my second new bike which had the handle bar when riding in a straight line being slightly skew..
This could play mind games with you, you keep saying it is ok, but you are not sitting perfectly straight on the bike..
I mentioned this to the mechanic & asked him to check, so he rode it down the road & came back saying yep, it is a little twisted, he held the wheel between his legs & twisted it a couple of times checked it again..
When I rode it out it was much better..!!
This is not the only bike that had a problem like this from new, my wife's Honda nc750 had the same problem so we loosened the bridge & corrected it..
I am starting to think that either quality is a problem at the factories, or somehow the forks are twisting in transport when the bikes are bumping around in the crate somehow..
This is a bigger problem than most would think..
You riders out there, when riding down a straight road & looking down, do your forks & handles look straight??

Pool Boy

Reaction score
They do now !

I suspect that the factory never fit the front wheel which comes separate from the frame in the crate to reduce the size of the package.
Then when the dealers assemble the bikes they don't bother checking the alignment too thoroughly until an owner complains.
Shoddy - but there it is