Trips planned for 2017 anyone?

Shaun64

Reaction score
As the title says anyone got any trips planned? I am off to Scotland west coast which I like the best my favourite roads are the road to Skye and the road Oban from invarery which is very twisty,what about starting a new thread were you post were you have been what you have seen were you stayed etc.

MartinB

Reaction score
Usual trip to Spain, beginning May, Trying to squeeze a Scotland trip in as.well,

Did India end of last year, highly recommended.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Any pics of India? If we had a thread dedicated to trips away folks like you could explain how they went about planning there trip etc.

bloggsy

Reaction score
A reunion trip in The Peak District with a group,a Dorset trip a couple of Welsh trips hopefully a Cornwall trip as well as a Cruise a 5 day coach trip and a couple of cheapie 4 day trips.

Sven

Reaction score
Got a week in Spain booked for June. Done it 2 years ago and got the ferry down & rode back through France. Decided to get the ferry both ways this time. Loved the N260 through the Pyrenees so will probably be doing that again.
Would also like to do the NC500 (Scotland) but currently unemployed after the company i worked for went into liquidation just before xmas! So plenty of time but not too much money at the moment. So all depends what comes up this year!!

Last edited:

Shaun64

Reaction score
Looks like you lads down south find it easy to go to Spain & France rather than head north,for me living leeds I can do north west Scotland in a day.good luck with a new job Sven .

Ratcatcher

Reaction score
A trip to Spain in July then back up through France before going home to Edinburgh, will also be going to MACH2 in May, plus anything else we can fit in.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Living in the NE of Scotland, I'm planing lots of weekend over on the West Coast.
Get home from work on the Friday, if the weather is good (i.e. no monsoons!) then book a B&B and set off first thing Saturday Morning and be on the West Coast mid afternoon.
Gonna try and do that lots of weekends this year, the Tracer needs me to ride her and I do too !
Although it was baltic today managed to get a nice ride up to the North East Coast to a Castle Coffee Shop, first time there has been a dry weekend (i.e no ice, snow, sleet!) for ages and now I want more !!

Attachments

Steely

Reaction score
I've a trip planned over the Easter weekend with three mates down to the Vosges. Tunnel and cheap hotels were all booked a couple of months ago.

Thursday early evening crossing on Eurotunnel, then ride to Bethune, about an hour south of Calais. Friday ride to Mulhouse, where we're booked into a hotel for a couple of nights. Saturday circular route around the Vosges, playing on the twisty roads. Sunday crossing into Germany and up the B500 through the Black Forest, then west across the Northern Vosges and onward to stay the night at Charleville-Mezieres. Monday back to Calais for a late afternoon Eurotunnel crossing and home to Norfolk.

We're all itching to get going, and hoping the snow has cleared before then.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Lake district in May with RoSpa group. Had a great time last year, road Wrynose and Hardnott pass on a ZZR1400. This time it should be easier on the Tracer.

bobh

Reaction score
Long weekend to the Eiffel region in May with the local IAM group. Might even be tempted to do a lap or two of the 'Ring while we're there, but to be honest the ordinary roads there are so good anyway.

Unfazed

Reaction score
I'm off the the Vosges over the early May bank holiday, 5 days. This'll be my 3rd time, there's lots of quality roads and no traffic

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Catalunya MotoGP in June, Scottish borders, Lake district, Yorkshire Moors and all of Wales one Sunday at a time :)

Unfazed

Reaction score
Might even be tempted to do a lap or two of the 'Ring while we're there, but to be honest the ordinary roads there are so good anyway.

Best check the ring's open to the public it's normally booked up with corporate events

Jetty

Reaction score
On my Street Rally...Track event at Jerez GP circuit in April...Wales in May...German MotoGP in July...and of course, my absolute favourite, France, whenever I can squeeze it in. Love this time of year, anticipating, planning... Happy days! :)

Daz

Reaction score
A few of us are going up and down the Austrian alps in June.

Steve4658

Reaction score
Hi route planned France taking in Voges. Switzerland into Austria gerlos pass grosglockner down to iitaly Dolomites. Base for three days taking in passes giau,pordi,sella, Timmelsjoch. Over the stelvio on the way back taking in fluela.splugen oberlap. Then back into France and home. Jetty maybe bump into you again on route some day like last year.

Jetty

Reaction score
Hi route planned France taking in Voges. Switzerland into Austria gerlos pass grosglockner down to iitaly Dolomites. Base for three days taking in passes giau,pordi,sella, Timmelsjoch. Over the stelvio on the way back taking in fluela.splugen oberlap. Then back into France and home. Jetty maybe bump into you again on route some day like last year.
Absolutely Steve! :) This year maybe difficult as I must spend some time over in the west of France, but shall see. I'll check out the places you name above. Think I've been through one or two. Fluela and Stelvio for sure. Where will your base be?

Steve4658

Reaction score
We are staying in a different hotel every night on the way down. Execpt for when we stay near cortina for three nights to explore the passes. I used motorcycle journey through the alps book to plan the route as it has great info. Enjoy your trips this year jetty