Trips planned for 2017 anyone?

jobby

Reaction score
spending a week in the black forest and ardennes in july, long weekend in wales june and maybe scotland in august

Gordon Mackenzie

Reaction score
off to the Stelvio through France and Germany, maybe pop back through Nice on the way back, all depends on the weather

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Off camping in Germany for Easter. We're leaving on the Thursday to avoid the crowd and heading up into Belgium and through Luxembourg as the campsite is just over the border. Planning a visit up to Eifel, Vianden and maybe follow the Moselle to Koblenz. Hope the weather is good.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
First weekend in May, 20 of us from all over the UK and me here in France heading to Charleville-Mezieres. We first got to know each other on the Z1000SX forum and still do meets on that forum as well. This is a non sx meet as some of us have moved on from the SX. Been getting together now since 2011. We usually do two long hauls a year , Spring & Autumn. This is the UK lads first trip across the channel. We even have 4 coming from N Ireland. They decided seeing as I have dragged my sorry as from as far away as Spain and here in France they would plan one for me , so as I do not have as far to go this time, right lol, it is still a 7 hour ride for me from here, those who live in the SE of England will still get there before me if we all leave at the same time. After that weekend 3 of us are heading on to Germany to Baden Baden? for a few more days. Really looking forward to this one.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
As the title says anyone got any trips planned? I am off to Scotland west coast which I like the best my favourite roads are the road to Skye and the road Oban from invarery which is very twisty,what about starting a new thread were you post were you have been what you have seen were you stayed etc.
I'm off to Scotland in September with a group from my work. We'll be coming across on the ferry from Ijmuiden (Netherlands) to Newcastle (UK) en then staying near Pitlochry for a few days (and riding out from there) and then back to Newcastle for the boat trip back. Just hope the weather holds out :)

deadb0y

Reaction score
I was planning a trip to norther Spain to go to the dessert but never got round to it so I'll put it on the table for next year's post!

Scaley

Reaction score
It was planned , and completed in 2017!
I came back from an excellent week touring around Scotland, in total about 2000 miles.
As our party of 6 were from other corners of England we met up in Cumbria, and entered Scotland via Gretna.
An overnight stop in Dumfries and a gallop up the A702 and back down the B7040 to eventually catch the ferry at Gourock.
From the Green Welly and Fort William for a couple of nights.Runs out from FW to Invarary, Crinan and Oban. Then up to
Ullapool via Eilean Donan, Applecross for a couple of nights. Run from Ullapool we hit Bettyhill, via the Naver,then Tongue, Durness.
From Ullapool we headed East through Lairg, Dornoch, Inverness, Tomintoul, Ballater, Balmoral, Glen Shee to Pitlochry for a two nighter.
Weather was wet for our full day at Pitlochry , but three of us went out down Loch Tay , Killin, Tummel Bridge and back. We still managed
a tea and cake outside in sunshine! The last day was another ride down Loch Tay, cutting back to Gleneagles and the Forth Road Bridge.Then the A702 and some back roads to Carlisle. I'd do it again tomorrow if I could get the time off!

Steely

Reaction score
I'm heading off this weekend on my second trip abroad this year, to the Bol d'Or, via the Vosges and, hopefully, the Timmelsjoch and Stelvio passes, though I've heard that the latter was briefly closed due to a snow fall last weekend, and the forecast is not great for the coming weekend, so fingers crossed. Then down to Lake Garda and the Canyon Road, Bellagio on Lake Como and a visit to the Moto Guzzi museum at Mandello, the old Fiat factory in Turin (Self Preservation Society!), and slipping into France via the Col de Tende.
After the Bol weekend, a few days chilling out in the Gorges du Verdon, then back home via as many twisty roads as I can take in; including a two-night stop at Avallon, to give me a chance to spend a day hooning around the Morvan region.

Doug1e

Reaction score
Last weekend in September 6 of us leaving Carmarthen, South Wales, coast road to Holyhead, ferry to Dublin and then up to Joey's Bar, Ballymoney. Quick look at the Giants Causeway and then following the Shannon to Doon in Co Limerick for the Paddy Dakar (see their Facebook page). Home on the Rosslare / Pembroke ferry. In June 4 of us were in Slovenia and Croatia via Hitler's Eagles Nest and returned through Italy and France. Next July it's to be Norway and the fiords.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Last trip for me this year, going early October I'm hitting the Vosges, Black Forest then Vianden in Luxembourg for the last night. Road trip!

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Looking forward to the pics :) Last time I was in the Vosges region it threw it down for 3 days :( well I'm off to Scotland on Thursday, so I hope the weather is better then.

Last edited:

Unfazed

Reaction score
Yeah, had that in the Vosges a couple of times, we usually go in spring but thought autumn this time for a change...

LewFZ1

Reaction score
As I missed my trip in May not really done a lot since my March venture down to Spain.
But heading to N Wales next week from SW France.
A mate is joining for the run up. He is heading back from a two week tour of the alps and Italy, poor sod has hardly had a dry day.He went to the Moto GP in Italy last weekend? and it even pissed down there on him. Anyway he is stopping with me on the 19th September (Z1000SX) and on the 20th we head up through France stopping overnight 50kms north of Le Mans. next day on to Calais for the ferry and again stopping with friends in Basildon. Should meet up with a few more as we head on up through Wales.There should be 20 of us on bikes and 26 in total. We have booked out the Oakeley Arms hotel and cottages not to far from Porthmadoc. After the weekend three of us are heading back down to Dover and then down through France. Planned overnight stop is Argenton sur Creuse and then next day onto the Millau to have a look at the viaduct. then back home to La Sauvetat du Dropt. Looking forward to it let's hope we get it dry forthe bulk of it at least.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
20170916_151654.jpg

Just back from Scotland

20170917_112017.jpg

Had pretty good weather, occasional shower but no more :)

Saturday route

Pit1.jpg

Sunday route.

Pit 2.jpg

Last edited: