Two brothers and a flash map. What's not to like?

Fluke

Reaction score
Just got back from my first proper ride since sorting out Martine. The first thing that amazed me was how heavy the standard exhaust system was. Feels like it was milled out of lead compared to the new system.
I got the new system of Triple Trouble who was letting it go to so he could try the Akrapovic. Cheers mate, you've made me a happy man:D
The new system is super light, very tidy and in my opinion, sounds phenomenal. I received two power tips (these are the baffles for anyone unfamiliar with two bros stuff) and the quieter of the two is noisy enough. I can't imagine riding around without baffles in this can, it's so loud now.
Next stop was my man Simon who, as well as owning (amongst other things) a Martine, he's also a very experienced tuner. He took my ECU, plugged into his computer and a few mouse clicks later returned it to me flashed and re mapped.
I've been waiting for a window of opportunity to give it a proper go so I can tell you all about it.
First off, throttle snatch. GONE.
Apparently it's something to do with an emission control system but with the ECU mapping, it's turned off. At first I thought I'd lost power but it's only because the power is delivered more smoothly. Before getting this all done, I was too scared to gas it out of corners or small roundabouts for fear of the back lighting up and letting go. I'm powering out of corners now (or just starting to) but I feel a lot more confident doing so as the power delivery is less jerky now.
I let my mechanic have a go. He's an ex racer and a bit of a nut job. He jumped on and roared off with the front wheel pointing decidedly northwards. The first thing he said when he came back was that when he hooked it into second and gave it a handful, he felt the back wheel spin as the front wheel took off! That probably tells you all you need to know.
Something else the ECU flash does is to remove the rev limiter. Simon told me that he has seen other Martines on his dyno showing 175 in top. Corrected, that would be 160. But 160mph on a Martine!!!!! Too much?
I had a little go on the motorway and saw an indicated 135 (so I'll guess that was 120 in reality) but I didn't want to go faster as it didn't feel too stable. Maybe I need to get used to it but there was definitely plenty more in store.
Does anyone have any experience of high speed riding? I'd be really interested to hear.
Conclusions? Utterly transformed and completely stunning. The power delivery is very usable wether I want to poodle about in heavy traffic, hoist the front wheel effortlessly or even take the beast to a track and unleash it properly, which I'll probably do next year.
Thanks for reading:)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got back from my first proper ride since sorting out Martine. The first thing that amazed me was how heavy the standard exhaust system was. Feels like it was milled out of lead compared to the new system.
I got the new system of Triple Trouble who was letting it go to so he could try the Akrapovic. Cheers mate, you've made me a happy man:D
The new system is super light, very tidy and in my opinion, sounds phenomenal. I received two power tips (these are the baffles for anyone unfamiliar with two bros stuff) and the quieter of the two is noisy enough. I can't imagine riding around without baffles in this can, it's so loud now.
Next stop was my man Simon who, as well as owning (amongst other things) a Martine, he's also a very experienced tuner. He took my ECU, plugged into his computer and a few mouse clicks later returned it to me flashed and re mapped.
I've been waiting for a window of opportunity to give it a proper go so I can tell you all about it.
First off, throttle snatch. GONE.
Apparently it's something to do with an emission control system but with the ECU mapping, it's turned off. At first I thought I'd lost power but it's only because the power is delivered more smoothly. Before getting this all done, I was too scared to gas it out of corners or small roundabouts for fear of the back lighting up and letting go. I'm powering out of corners now (or just starting to) but I feel a lot more confident doing so as the power delivery is less jerky now.
I let my mechanic have a go. He's an ex racer and a bit of a nut job. He jumped on and roared off with the front wheel pointing decidedly northwards. The first thing he said when he came back was that when he hooked it into second and gave it a handful, he felt the back wheel spin as the front wheel took off! That probably tells you all you need to know.
Something else the ECU flash does is to remove the rev limiter. Simon told me that he has seen other Martines on his dyno showing 175 in top. Corrected, that would be 160. But 160mph on a Martine!!!!! Too much?
I had a little go on the motorway and saw an indicated 135 (so I'll guess that was 120 in reality) but I didn't want to go faster as it didn't feel too stable. Maybe I need to get used to it but there was definitely plenty more in store.
Does anyone have any experience of high speed riding? I'd be really interested to hear.
Conclusions? Utterly transformed and completely stunning. The power delivery is very usable wether I want to poodle about in heavy traffic, hoist the front wheel effortlessly or even take the beast to a track and unleash it properly, which I'll probably do next year.
Thanks for reading:)
Lol. All I can say is....I TOLD YOU SO....
Thanks for the great review...it's mental how 10 minutes in Simon's hands (oh ere Mrs lol)! can transform the bike into everything it should have been in the first place and more...
Glad you like the flash...keep me up to date on how it's going please

paulrab

Reaction score
Wish I had gone for Simons flash mate not the crap yamaha one now stuck with it :(
Yamaha tech dept told my dealer that the yam flash can be flashed further, you just cant go back to the original map.
Also some guy on the FZ-09 forum has done just that and is very happy with the result.