Tyres

wakers

Reaction score
Cheers I use those on the mountain bike [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

wakers

Reaction score
Forgot how different the bike feels when you put new tyres on, far to early to say anything about the metzelers performance but new tyres feel amazing compared to old worn ones [emoji16]

D

Deleted member 1834

put BT023 on mine. had them on last two CB1000R. they were rearly good on the Honda"s but found them to hard for MT09. would not recommend them

wakers

Reaction score
Done a couple of rides, first impressions are good, very surefooted wet and dry and the profile of the front matches the back, the Dunlop front was much more rounded than the rear, the downside of that is 1/2 " wide chicken strips, need to up my game [emoji3]

otaylor38

Reaction score
Done a couple of rides, first impressions are good, very surefooted wet and dry and the profile of the front matches the back, the Dunlop front was much more rounded than the rear, the downside of that is 1/2 " wide chicken strips, need to up my game [emoji3]

I've put roadtec 01's on mine and i've the same thing with the chicken strips.

I had the Dunlops right over near the edge but at the same lean angle theres loads of tyre left on these LOL.

bobh

Reaction score
Make sure you get the mushroom plug ones though.
That's the Stop 'n Go kit. Advantage of the mushrooms is that you don't need any sealant or goo, so it's easier for a tyre depot to fit a permanent plug.

blockhead

Reaction score
I'm looking for the next set of tyres and in Athens is difficult to find the new Metzeler Roadtec 01.
Allthough i can find Metzeler roadtec Z8 & Michelin PR4 for the same price.
After using 2 sets of the excellent imo PR4 i'm thinking to try the Z8.
But first i need to get the permision of the Forum...
I live in Limassol, Cyprus & my MT 09 is only a few months old, so I have the factory fitted tyres. I will be going for Pirelli Angels next up, for the simple reason is they grip like hell plus I get a lot of feedback from the road I think I have Bridgestones on now, they're ok, but I prefer the Angels.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
The Angel GTs have shorter life than PR4s which could last for 10K miles..
PR4s are still "the safer rain-tyre" and not so expensive.
Now i'm on my 3rd pair of them... only con their short limit when cornering.
Metzeler Roadtec 01s have good comments..
that would be my choice if money weren't matter.

wakers

Reaction score
Had the tyres a good month now well scrubbed in, so far they've been excellent, grip is very good wet and dry, wet performance seems phenomenal, front turns in a bit at lower speeds more noticeable than the Dunlops, and these are the other way around to the Dunlops as in I've got about 3mm chicken strip on front and about 10mm on rear, I've stiffened front up a bit and slowed the rebound down (suggested by my local dealer) and that's made a big difference to handling much better still seems like the rear is more rounded than the front though, but that's my only gripe, tyres really are excellent grip wise...

wakers

Reaction score
Have been reading on another forum about people running lower pressures in there tyres than the manufacturer recommend, specifically lots of peeps running 30/30 where i think the recommended is 36/42. Advantages are supposed to be quicker warm up and bigger contact patch. Anybody run lower pressures ? I've had no issues at stock pressures but if lower = better for "normal" use then why not ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Scaley

Reaction score
Have been reading on another forum about people running lower pressures in there tyres than the manufacturer recommend, specifically lots of peeps running 30/30 where i think the recommended is 36/42. Advantages are supposed to be quicker warm up and bigger contact patch. Anybody run lower pressures ? I've had no issues at stock pressures but if lower = better for "normal" use then why not ?

Tyres are designed to run at certain pressures. The pressure of the air inside maintains the correct profile and therefore maintains the correct handling of the bike. Running a tyre at lower pressure will cause it to heat up , more than it should , and the profile will be deformed.
As the mt09 is oversprung the ride is often felt to be hard. Riders may substitute bad suspension settings with incorrect tyre pressures to compensate, after all its easier than fiddling with a C spanner. I wouldn't recommend it. I have adjusted my suspension and reduced my rear pressure to 36psi , but I wouldn't go any lower. I think 30psi on the front is asking for trouble and would give very slow steering.

wakers

Reaction score
I would say the suspension on my mt09 is too soft if anything? So you run 36 front and rear ?

RussR

Reaction score
Anyone used BT016 Pro's? on anything not just MT09 - I'll be needing a new pair of tyres in 100 miles, I was thinking Metzeler Roadtec 01's but as a reference want to try out my K-Tech revalved forks with the OE Dunlops.

The BT016 Pro's are on offer at M&P for £120 a pair, that's difficault to ignore for a tyre that is/was well regarded - I'm not too bothered about wet grip (only ride in the rain if I get caught out) or life so for £120/pair I'm wondering if they're worth a punt.

Last edited: