Tyres

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi all
I will soon be looking at new tyres but not sure which ones to choose ?. I am considering either Michelin PR5 or Dunlop RS3, at the moment i have Metzeler RoadTec 01. From what I understand the Michelins are like the Metzeler, soft and comfortable where the Dunlops are hard but give a true indication of road grip. Your thoughts and experience please if possible

nibor

Reaction score
Michelin PR4's every time (also cheaper than PR5's) good in the wet or dry. They suit the MT0-9Abs and my riding style, i'm now on my 3rd set and get 10,000miles from a pair, can't complain at that.
Nibor

Johnjo

Reaction score
I had planned to fit Michelin PR5s to mine. It had Dunlop Sportsmax's fitted when I viewed the bike at a dealers. ( used bike with 4K on the clock ). It had a half squared off rear on it.

When I collected the bike they had fitted a rear Dunlop to it as they had found a nail in the tyre. So I ditched plans to change the pair. Dont like the Dunlops though, never have. Find them hard and unresponsive.

I had a set of PR5 trails fitted on my previous bike, Tiger 800 XRT. loved that tyre. Brilliant in the wet. Quick to warm up and all round confidence inspiring. I've used PR4s in the past. Thats a great tyre too.

Will definitely be fitting a set of PR5s to the tracer as soon as I can wear down the Dunlops.

Nev1050

Reaction score
I am using pirelli angel gt tyres on my 2017 mt09. i find them to be excellent for grip and feel. My son had a set on a 2016 gsx1000s and he got 16,000 ks out of his and he gives them a pretty hard time. Have not tried the gt2 yet but might put on a set on a triumph sprint st which is almost due for new tyres.

Emptydennis

Reaction score
For my MT09SP it is Michelin PR5's for me, I have had many different maufacture's tyres over the years. My previous were Metzeler Roadtec 01 which I found outstanding......however the PR5's take the game on one step further. Wet or dry, they provide grip that will give you confidence (and allow you to safely take a few liberties!!), especially in the wet. I have seen adverse criticism posted regarding their tread pattern, by people who have never tried them. Well I have tried them and they deliver the performance advertised. I've even put them on my Fireblade. Of course this is just my personal preference based on my own riding style and experience.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I've finally changed my Metzeler Roadtec 01's to Michelin PR5's, for me there is a difference between both makes with the Michelins being a lot better, i think the Michelins appear to work better with my upgraded suspension as well with cornering speed.
Many thanks for all the replies

the cueball

Reaction score
Metzeler M7RR.

I have them on my MT, RC51 and H2 SX.

best tyres (for me) by a mile.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Metzeler M7RR, are these more dry orientated than all weather riding ?

DelClark

Reaction score
I had Metzeler M9RR's fitted I was going to get Road 5's but My tyre guy recommended these as I do occasional trackdays.
So far they have been great on the road and track and the wear rate is quite good.