UK based - modifications to handle bar height and possibly rear sets

bigdom86

Reaction score
Hi All

I mainly use my MT09 now for London commuting and want to make it a bit more "comfy", I am 6ft2 and around 19-20st (powerlifter); I would like to raise the handle bars slightly and perhaps lower the rear sets so I feel more roomy, also I seem to get shoulder issues in the stop start traffic with the bars quite low, the ergonomics of the NC750 was perfect for me but really don't want to downgrade that far so thought perhaps a small modification if you can advise

Thanks
Dominic

Johnjo

Reaction score
I've got some offset extended bar risers on order from Motopumps in America. Delivery due mid to late June.
They only raise the bars 25mm with 20mm pull back. I'm hoping its enough to make a difference. Will post thoughts once received and fitted. I'm okay with footpeg position on mine so can't help there.

bobh

Reaction score
I fitted MFW footrest lowering parts to another bike some time back. I think I got them from M&P.
Because on the MT09 one of the pivot pins is riveted rather than held by a split pin you'll also need a new clevis pin to replace it.

Johnjo

Reaction score
Risers arrived pretty quickly. Look well engineered.

I won't be fitting them now. Fell for another triumph model at the dealers and have part ex'd the tracer.

Will sell the risers on someone might need them.