Undulating drive

SKYDIVER73

Reaction score
Hi!
What could be the cause? The rim is simple.
When the wheel turns the chain is tight , and then slack.

Last edited:

mrmortar

Reaction score
Maybe your chain is worn in some places more than other or you have tight spots. Mine is like this.

SKYDIVER73

Reaction score
Maybe your chain is worn in some places more than other or you have tight spots. Mine is like this.
Thanks for the information and suggestion
I also think this is a chain problem.
Yesterday I measured the deviation of SPROCKET, DRIVEN and it is within 1mm.
The only thing that worries me is that the chain (gold DID) has a run of about 1500 km. A smooth ride without surges.
The chain tension varies from 10 to 32mm

Last edited:

SKYDIVER73

Reaction score
Tight spots on your chain (ie seized links). Try oiling, if problem still exists its time for a new chain
I spoke to the previous moto owner. He advertised this chain right after the replacement as it didn't stick to the parameters from the start. Unfortunately, they did not accept the complaint. So it's not worth spending more money on "gold". I will drive a little and exchange it for RK

nibor

Reaction score
I recently had a similar problem with two seized links approx. 4" apart, I suspect they were positioned on the drive sprocket and had seized solid whilst the bike was not used during lockdown.
I managed to get the links to free up using "Plus Gas" penetrating lubricant, I had to resort to using mole grips and a pair of pliers before they moved, finally lubricating the two links and the entire chain.
A test ride followed up to 80-90mph with no harshness or vibration detected.
On returning home I put the bike up on a paddock stand and spun the wheel, glad to report there were no tight spots, it saved buying a new chain, job done.
Nibor

stevecbr

Reaction score
My original chain lasted 29500 miles, and I only changed it because of a couple of tight spots. The chain itself had not stretched, and the sprocket teeth were not to bad. I regularly oil my chain with gear oil, it does flick off quickly but my chains always seem to last well