verification process

wessie

Reaction score
Is the verification bollocks really necessary when adding a post to a thread?

Surely being logged in is enough to identify the poster and spammers can easily be blocked by the admins?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If u posted in the correct section in the first place it wouldn't be such an issue lol.

Last edited:

wessie

Reaction score
the subtitle to where I originally posted says

"Announcements, Comments, News, And Questions relating to the site"

Now, if my post wasn't a comment or question relating to the site could you please explain which language you are using?

It would be nice if you gave a response to the query rather than making a sarcastic remark, too.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the subtitle to where I originally posted says

"Announcements, Comments, News, And Questions relating to the site"

Now, if my post wasn't a comment or question relating to the site could you please explain which language you are using?

It would be nice if you gave a response to the query rather than making a sarcastic remark, too.
Keep ur shirt on....!

If u are posting "spammy" items pictures or general junk spambot will sort u out...!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I posted a reply to someone's query about UK insurance on the Tracer in this thread http://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/2503-tracer-insurance.html

Your spambot insisted I verify I am human. It's annoying when I have already logged in!
Ok having looked at the post I can see the problem...!
U made reference to companies (i.e Nash etc) 5 times. When u do that spambot thinks ur just posting spam and asks u to verify urself. Better that than it auto deleting the post or me getting involved and having to approve ur post

wessie

Reaction score
A rather heavy handed approach when contributors have registered - I could understand deploying spambot if a subscription was not required but this just seems like paranoia.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
I get the verification thing with every post as seen here I haven't even typed anything yet

image.jpg

Is it because I haven't posted much yet? I'm logged in with Facebook?

Tried to reply without doing the puzzle and get an error about not doing the puzzle

image.jpg

flipper

Reaction score
WTF is this all about? never seen anything like this come up.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
I logged out of face book and into the site with a username and password (I had to do a password reset using the password generated for me as it wouldn't accept my username and password i made) all good now though no more verification box under the post window

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I logged out of face book and into the site with a username and password (I had to do a password reset using the password generated for me as it wouldn't accept my username and password i made) all good now though no more verification box under the post window
Sorted then....!