Vibration through hands

Keechy

Reaction score
Having now got my Tracer and enjoying it very much I can't help noticing how much vibration I get through my hands. Ive always suffered a bit with numbness in the hands like most people but seem to get a lot more on the Tracer. Is there anything you can buy like special gloves or grips that helps with the problem. Any answers gratefully received.

bobh

Reaction score
I've seen rubber-mounted aftermarket bar risers on some bikes. Though possibly the Tracer bars are already quite high, so you might need to fit lower ones to compensate.

Aluminium is better at absorbing vibration than steel - I have Renthal Superbike ultra-low bars on my Fazer with no bar end weights, and the vibration is no more than the standard set-up of steel bars and weights. So it might be worth trying alloy bars with end weights. I think Renthal do fat bars now.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Just a thought, are you gripping the bars tightly?

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I second that, my hand guards came of on day one, never noticed any vibrations through the bars at all, and I have done a few longish 300 mile rides.

flydnb

Reaction score
To many riders hold the bars to tight , loosen up , looser body smoother ride .

Unfazed

Reaction score
Imagine you're holding 2 budgies in your hands

That's the correct pressure on the grips!

(in the wet, grip the tank with your knees if necessary, lessens the pressure on the bars and makes for smoother progress)