Wash and dry

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi folks
Just a simple question, What's your means of cleaning and drying your bike ?.
I have a 2017 900 Tracer, nice bike but the fairing is a bit of a pain with its nooks and crannies to try and dry out.
Means and methods I use at the mo, Muc Off degreaser, extra-long angled brushes, Worx Hydroshot jet washer with AuotGlym shampoo wash, Tins of compressed air to blow out any water from fairing joints, micro towels and finally AutoGlym dark paint polish because I have a black Tracer. That's my itinerary, what's yours

the cueball

Reaction score
That’s a lot of faffing about! :ROFLMAO:

I use vulcanet wipes.

I don’t have a tracer though, just the normal MT, so my opinion may not count...

(y)

DaveC

Reaction score
A sponge and hot soapy water, never a jet wash.
Let it air dry in warm weather and then dry rags to polish off.
If it's colder I dry it with a pet dryer ( 2800w of heat and air ) about £50 on Ebay.
Never put it away wet.
About an hour tops.
That said I normally clean after every ride so don't ever get a build up of dirt.
I don't commute, fun only 😂

Littlebruv

Reaction score
That’s a lot of faffing about! :ROFLMAO:

I use vulcanet wipes.

I don’t have a tracer though, just the normal MT, so my opinion may not count...

(y)
I use Valconet wipes if the bike isn't too bad but once chain lube builds up on the main and side stands, rear-wheel, undertray and swing arm after a long ride then degreasers and the hydroshot are used

the cueball

Reaction score
I use Valconet wipes if the bike isn't too bad but once chain lube builds up on the main and side stands, rear-wheel, undertray and swing arm after a long ride then degreasers and the hydroshot are used
I use wurth dry chain lube to get around that problem

Mick-H

Reaction score
Used to use a leaf blower to get water out of the hard to reach places, nowadays I use Vulcanet.

DTNZ

Reaction score
I usually use MotoMuck cleaner. I have a pretty good compressor in the shed so blow it dry with the long air nozzle, try not to do it so people can see me though! Then I'll use a Turtle Wax spray on wax.
But the bike needs smelling salts if I do actually clean it! :ROFLMAO: I tend to spend much more time riding than cleaning!