Watch out for Error Code 5D ..60

Arnold J Rimmer

Reaction score
Thought i'd post up here as I serched the internet for error code 5D--60 on my MT09 recently and it brought me to this site. Got the idea that it was the error code was caused by me doing a similar thing as nibor and reversing the polarity when replacing the old battery for new. And thats blowing the 50 amp fuse. Dumb thing to do but as it turns out I'd only blown a mini 7.5 amp fuse in the box and not the 50 amp fuse. So if you do somthing as silly as I did remember check the 50amp but check the others too! Saves a lot of time and money

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Arnold
5D--60 error code ?? is this what shows on the display on your bike ?, i had a look at my Tracer workshop manual and if similar or even the same i cannot find 5D, 60 - System Error YCC-T;
Maybe you will have to put a diagnostic tool on it to clear the error

Arnold J Rimmer

Reaction score
Hi Littlebruv
Yes this was the code (5d--60) I was getting displaying on the bike before I started the ignition. Obviously the bike wouldn't fire up, just tried to start but as I suggested in my previous post the 7.5 amp EVA fuse had blown, not allowing throttle control to kick in. Once I replaced the 7.5 amp fuse I did NOT get the code and it fired first time. What I was suggesting was Nibor (https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/threads/bike-wont-start-and-shows-error-code-5d-60.4656/) went to a Yamaha dealer and charged him £81 for doing very little (if anything) to clear the code. What I HAVE learned since is that any OBD diagnostic device (£15+) used WILL have the ability to clear the Yamaha specific error code, even though its not presented this way on the device. You just have to equate the error code on the OBD device to the Yamaha code if that's what is required to do. In hindsight i might buy one of these OBD devices AND the Yamaha 4 pin cable to attach to the bike for further diagnostic work. But not yet :)