Water pump disaster

Flobalob

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me of a breaker/breakers that do tracer parts i was changing the oil filter on my Tracer and damaged part of the aluminium water pump assembly next to it with a screw driver because its part of a whole assembly Yamaha want £532.00!!!!!! Any useful answers would be appreciated as i dont have that sort of dosh and i'm supposed to be off to the TT less than 10 days :mad:

fizzy

Reaction score
Hi mate why don't you try a local welding firm, remove the pump and get them to repair the damage, should only cost a few quid and the pice of a gasget or 2

Flobalob

Reaction score
Hi mate why don't you try a local welding firm, remove the pump and get them to repair the damage, should only cost a few quid and the pice of a gasget or 2
Well i decided the local welder route £30:00 tig welded saved me a bill of £532:00

Flobalob

Reaction score
Thanks for replying the part is the circular oil cooler that sits next to the oil filter it actually cools the oil but the bloody thing is not listed separately you have to literally buy the whole assembly of parts £532:00 bit of a joke so i got it welded anyway thanks for reading the post at least i got 2 views and replies !!!!!

fizzy

Reaction score
Thanks for replying the part is the circular oil cooler that sits next to the oil filter it actually cools the oil but the bloody thing is not listed separately you have to literally buy the whole assembly of parts £532:00 bit of a joke so i got it welded anyway thanks for reading the post at least i got 2 views and replies !!!!!
Nice one mate more beer money for the TT :cool:

Wharfe

Reaction score
Nice one. Always satisfying when you can repair (or get repaired) a component rather than fork over large amounts of hard-earned for a new one. And almost as pleasing when you hear of a fellow rider doing the same. Good work fella, and enjoy the TT.