Waterproofing panniers

guffter6969

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone tried to waterproof the Yamaha panniers, was thinking if trying either the nikwax spray or Fabsil which is more used on camping equipment, was wondering if anyone had any experience and what results they had. Thanks

taylord

Reaction score
My dealer tried to sell me a set of Yamaha panniers. But to be honest, when I saw they weren't waterproof I couldn't help wondering why bother. I've got some cheap soft luggage that will do the same job.

offo

Reaction score
The Yamaha one's seem quite pricey to me, there are similar items available cheaper, Shad do semi rigid with waterproof zips & rain covers for around half the price or they do the rigid waterproof ones for about the same price as the Yam semi rigid, i shall certainly be looking around when i need some next year.

Spook99

Reaction score
The others have hit the nail on the head, if you want waterproof go solid and Shad seem to be the best option. Having been caught before with an old pair of soft pannier, even if you treat the semi-rigid ones, I'd just put everything inside in a decent bin liner. They do look smart, but it amazes me they can charge that amount when they're not waterproof.