Wavey Disc manufactures

marksim

Reaction score
Does anybody know of engineering firms that make wavey discs.
I know of Braking and Gaffer but dont really want to pay their prices.
was wondering if its possible to keep your own rotors and just get some wavey outer discs fit to them?

kevxtx

Reaction score
Stay away from the cheap ones on EBay they are no good, been there done that I have a few 320mm wavey paper weights.

lee1980

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't skimp on brakes either or try and change parts mixing the carriers with different rotors etc. I expect the galfer ones are cheaper than O.E but not cheaper than standard EBC replacements.

I think I will go Galfer etc, if I can keep hold of mine long enough and do enough miles lol

marksim

Reaction score
The Armstrong ones are supposed to be ok aswell and abit cheaper than Galfers and Braking
Wont be touching the cheap ones
Does anybody know if the discs are the same fitment to any other yam bikes,Fazer,early R6 etc ?

My Toy

Reaction score
Do these wavy discs offer the same braking as the standard ones, it seems to me that there will be less pad to disc contact and hence less braking power and more pad wear as the wavy disc edge crosses the pad in a shearing motion shaving the material away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marksim

Reaction score
Ive had braking and Galfer on a couple of track bikes and matched with Brembo master cylinders,braided lines,Bendix pads they have been awesome.
In alot of cases they are quite abit lighter than standard so therefore help with handling and as the races say less weight more speed LOL

kevxtx

Reaction score
If I am gong for new rotors which is on my mod list they will be R1 X 320mm rotors I know already that they fit on the MT, you will need the R6 bolt kit which comprises of 4 x longer bolts + 4 calliper spacers, I have done this before on my KTM's KTM 990 SMT Forum - Join the conversation you can see where I fitted the spacers on my 990 between the fork leg & calliper so the calliper is spaced out for the bigger rotor.

marksim

Reaction score
If I am gong for new rotors which is on my mod list they will be R1 X 320mm rotors I know already that they fit on the MT, you will need the R6 bolt kit which comprises of 4 x longer bolts + 4 calliper spacers, I have done this before on my KTM's KTM 990 SMT Forum - Join the conversation you can see where I fitted the spacers on my 990 between the fork leg & calliper so the calliper is spaced out for the bigger rotor.
There you go again mate,
will just wait for you to complete the mod and will probably copy.

lee1980

Reaction score
It's surprising the mt doesn't have wavy style discs as standard, I know not fully waved like galfer but on my previous bike cbr500r the outer edge of disc was just wavy as I'm sure many Kawasakis have to now.

kevxtx

Reaction score
The 2004 to 2006 R1 front rotors fit straight on to the MT + the R6 calliper bolt & spacer kit, I will machine up my own spacers & used longer Titanium bolts..

l34chy

Reaction score
Yes Kev's right have just finished making spacer and I have a pair of discs with titanium rotor bolts and caliper bolts.
I had a galfer wavey disc off my 2009 r6 thinking it might work no were near the rear disc is 220mm and mt09 rear disc is 240
so does any one know if any other yams run a 240mm rear disc so i can source an aftermarket replacement or I could just make it fit like I did with my er6 10677612_455505824591468_716945593_o.jpg