Welcome to MT-09 / FZ-09 Forum!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys!

Welcome to the new Yamaha MT-09 / FZ-09 Forums... this is a pretty exciting bike, and a great new release for Yamaha.

I would love to hear what attracted you to this site and this motorcycle in particular.

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Thanks for the welcome Dennis. I am some what interested in the FZ-09, for myself or my wife. I am sure that at some point I will have a headlight from one!

Marlboromt

Hi chaps,

I'm new member and have had my MT-09 for a month now. Starting to come together now. Had a Marlboro paint job and fitted the akrapovic! Quick shifter and power commander next month.

mtside.jpg

L J

Last edited:

matt.b

Found via google, came to the mt09 after a long time riding v-twin bikes. Looking for something a bit different.

woodie100

Hello! Ive had a run of V twins also 750SS duke, Sv650S and now the MT09 Tracer. What an all round bike this is, so responsive across the rev range. Pulls virtually from any gear at any speed. so nimble too. owned her for 3 weeks now and V twins are a distant memory. V happy to be back on in line cylinders. Dont get me wrong the 2 V twins were awesome bikes but nothing beats an in line cylinder bike.

Found this forum via Google too.

Regards

JonB

upstatemt09

hello everyone I just bought a 2018 mt-09 0 miles.
I will up load pics when I take some.
i have ordered a austin racing exaust de catted. has anyone used this exuast and dos anyone know if it will throw any codes with out a tune.
I will eventually tune it just for now bolt on and go.

upstatemt09

Should be ok just to bolt straight on ....welcome to the forum
I bought the power commander and auto tuner are they worth it. some one told me there junk and to get a flash the thing is I dont want to send the ECU out i just want to plug and go and idc about getting every last bit out of the bike just to correct any issues with air fuel and i felt the power commander and auto tuner would be better. any experience with this?

fizzy

I can definitely recommend the flash from S-tec it's nomaly a 4 day turn around if you post off your ecu, look at the post on hear for more details everyone who has had it done are totally impressed with it, Simon knows the mt range inside out and can advise you on what is available from your bike and his back up service is second to none

Last edited:

woodie100

Hi there and welcome to this great forum! its a shame that you don't have the time to use your MT09, whereabouts are you?
JonB