What brand and type of oil ?

Kinjane

Reaction score
Manual states oil to JASO MA spec. Grade according to climatic use ;)

Fortunately there are some 30 oils available that despite being fully synthetic still fall within MA specification and are therefore almost guaranteed not to cause clutch slip.

I'd opt for one of those !

Mtpete

Reaction score
Manual states oil to JASO MA spec. Grade according to climatic use ;)

Fortunately there are some 30 oils available that despite being fully synthetic still fall within MA specification and are therefore almost guaranteed not to cause clutch slip.

I'd opt for one of those !
Yep that's right, there is no shortage of choice.

CT/

Reaction score
I wudnt bother with fully. Semi will do just fine. If u use fully u will find that the clutch slips a tad..... And THAT was recommended by my dealership.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm
I was told today by the Yamaha dealers mechanic that my first service has been done wiv Yamalube fully synthetic as that's what is recommended by Yamaha,,,, not semi synthetic, I find it strange how some dealers are saying fully synth an others are saying semi synth,,,, same as some dealers know about the Ecu remap and others don't ???

:rolleyes:

Mtpete

Reaction score
I was told today by the Yamaha dealers mechanic that my first service has been done wiv Yamalube fully synthetic as that's what is recommended by Yamaha,,,, not semi synthetic, I find it strange how some dealers are saying fully synth an others are saying semi synth,,,, same as some dealers know about the Ecu remap and others don't ???

:rolleyes:
like I've said before, don't worry too much about if you have full synthetic or semi it really is just down to personal preference you bike will run happy on either. It is much more important to have regular oil changes and make sure the oil ( whatever it is) meets the manufactures specification like JASO and API ect. As for the remap my dealer here in aus told me that Yamaha advised them not to notifie customers unless they complain about the mapping.

scotscoot09

Reaction score
Putoline nano tech 10w40
Had in my fazer and just had the dealer put it in the MT
It's honestly the best by far.
Tried motul, silkilene , yamalube etc . . . Most of the mainstream brands.
Halfords oil is good btw. But putoline is ace (dear though ££)

Mathmk7

Reaction score
Local Dealer just sold me a 4l of mineral yamalube 20-50 for 35$ and told me I should not worry or loosing money for the full syntec stuff because the chsnge interval is very short so no worry, I was used to motul in the past and my old bike died on the highway anyway at 12000kms so I said fuck it Ill go cheap and change it more fréquent

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Samwise

Reaction score
I was warned by my dealer that semi was to be used and NOT fully synthetic as it would cause clutch slip. Apparently Yam lube is the way to go . They have reported engine problems also if aftermarket filters are used instead of Yamaha OE.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I was warned by my dealer that semi was to be used and NOT fully synthetic as it would cause clutch slip. Apparently Yam lube is the way to go . They have reported engine problems also if aftermarket filters are used instead of Yamaha OE.
A dealer will always tell you to use the official Yamaha stuff though. I can't see how a (good) aftermarket oil filter will cause any problems. They are designed to be direct replacements and a reputable brand shouldn't cause any problems. That said, I do often just go with the OEM stuff if it's not too higher priced.