What Do You Think My MT Is Worth?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Slight change in circumstances and also moving house / longer commute ahead i had a go on a 990 Adventure this afternoon as a commuter replacement for the MT. Nothing set in stone. but seeing the amount of MT's on Autotrader at very varied prices its difficult to gauge how much mine would be worth private. Trade in price was stupid money and if i can't get £7k i think i'll keep it regardless.

Bike has 5500 miles, and the only bad point is a crack in the front mudguards bracket where i bashed it with my disc lock.

Mods are:

Akrapovic Titanium exhaust
Michelin PR4 tyres
G2 Throttle Tamer
R&G Upper and lower crash bungs
R&G Engine Case Covers
R&G Shock tube cover
Yamaha tail tidy with a smaller plate
Front fender extender
One off motocross hand guards
Bar end mirrors
Yamaha Screen
Yamaha Air Intake Mesh
Yamaha tank protector
Street Rally Seat
axle sliders
SW Motech Tank bag (over £200!!)
Yamaha Seat 'G String'

Last edited:
M

MT account

take the goodies off n sell it stock. people will expect all those bits for free. you can punt them out on ebay. cash buyers are thin on the ground at the mo tho, its all pcp or credit. i got mine for 5K which was a bargain but the guy had it up for sale for weeks with nowt but cocks trying to take it for £4000!

.....id take 4k for my street T.....cant give that away at the moment.

Mitch

Reaction score
Yer I traded mine in stock got 5200 for it and sold my add ons separate if am honest you will struggle getting 7k for it

the voices

Reaction score
when is your next ytube vid out please, wayne just found the daily observations nice one keep them coming, 11 seconds i rekon thats the dif between a good city rider and a out of town yolkal.lol keep the bloody mt09 or youre gona have to get a new horn.....

Last edited:

Cypher

Reaction score
Here we go... Another one... :)

I have to agree with MT, take all the bits off and sell them separately. Maybe leave a couple on so that it's not totally stock and is a bit more attractive than another one on the same listing page.

As you probably saw I got £5500 for mine with 4000 miles, EP radiator guard, tampons and T-Rex engine covers (and of course the amazing MT09 BOY number plate). I still think I got a decent price for it, plus they paid off my outstanding finance and I even made £1100 on that.

Milo Minderbinder

Reaction score
Agree that 7k is a bit optimistic - I recently bought mine for 6495 from a dealer, 4 months old, 1800 miles, ABS, Acra exhaust and load of other extras. Definitely good idea to sell bike stock and extras separately.

Last edited:

evifish5000

Reaction score
I bought my mt abs used at a dealer for 6k with 3k on the clock so 5k trade in seems about right.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
[MENTION=163]Cypher[/MENTION]

did you see its advertised for £6,500 ??

Last edited: