What tank bag?

Spook99

Reaction score
Just come back from my first trip away, huge smile on my face, properly fell in love with the machine, does all I could ask of it, comfortably. Played it cheap and got the soft bag stays with a pair of Givi soft panniers I already had. Worked a treat but used my old magnetic map bag for the tank and I reckon a small 5-10 litre tank bag, with a clear map pocket on top, would be better.

Saw the Givi 20 litre one, but its too big and seen the tiny Givi one with the space for your phone on top, but want a map bag (I'm so 1990's!!) So planning on getting the standard Yamaha tank bag - Sport, which looks perfect.

Anyone got one?

J.J.B.

Reaction score
I would have gone for the Yamaha tank bag (manufactured by SW Motech like other Tracer gear) had it not been for the fugly tank ring you have to attach first - it's hideous! I'm going for the 20 litre Givi bag and their much less garish tank adapter ring.

rusty

Reaction score
Just come back from my first trip away, huge smile on my face, properly fell in love with the machine, does all I could ask of it, comfortably. Played it cheap and got the soft bag stays with a pair of Givi soft panniers I already had. Worked a treat but used my old magnetic map bag for the tank and I reckon a small 5-10 litre tank bag, with a clear map pocket on top, would be better.

Saw the Givi 20 litre one, but its too big and seen the tiny Givi one with the space for your phone on top, but want a map bag (I'm so 1990's!!) So planning on getting the standard Yamaha tank bag - Sport, which looks perfect.

Anyone got one?
go for Baglux. The cover/ bag harness can be fitted or removed in 5 mins, no danger of scratching your tank(air box) when a bag is attached. There is a good choice of bags from 2 tier expandable to small day bags for phone, shades etc... you can get bags with map pockets too if you want! I've used them on every bike I've had since 1990, and wouldn't use any other make.

Spook99

Reaction score
I looked at the options and I've gone for the hideous one!! It's not so bad :confused: and I'll only use it on tours off the island so you won't see the ring fitting cause the bag will be on it!! But the 5-9 litre bag is just what I wanted so I'm happy (when it's on the bike)