Where you stayed with your bike in Europe

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Here's a thread to review B&B's, camp sites or hotels IN EUROPE where you have stayed whilst riding, please state the location (country/town/region) and try to write the positives and the negatives and try to give a rough price indication. A link to the website (if available ) would be handy as well. I guess I nicked it from the FZ6 website, but it might help other riders looking for motorbike friendly digs when on Holiday.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Town: Arromanches
Region: Normandy

Normandy Beach Bed & Beakfast Normandy Beach B &B :: Motorcycling in Normandy
Stayed here last year for 3 nights with 3 other mates, rode down from (North) Holland.
The owners Adrian & Karen are British and they run a very biker friendly hotel. The whole place is situated around a courtyard and along one wall is a covered bike shed, the main door of the courtyard is locked on an evening, so the bikes are secured.
We stayed in the 4 man room, worked out great value for money (Not originally planned but it was the only room available when we booked, quite late). a good sized shower room with sink and WC, and an area to hang all your motorbike gear on a sturdy rail and to put your luggage etc .
In the courtyard there is a fridge which is always stocked with beer, and this was free :) especially good when arriving late in the evening and able to just grab a beer and sit at the picnic table outside.
The"full English" breakfast was great with everyone on a large farmhouse table, great opportunity to chat with everyone else staying at the B&B (all of them were bikers when we were there). There was a large TV in the communal room, but tbh we didn't watch TV.
We had a great (Short) holiday, ideal location for some nice rides and within short walking distance from the Arromanches beach (well known from the Normandy landings).

Last edited:

andz

Reaction score
I stayed at the Hotel Ambasciatori in Misano (Italy) a couple of times while I had a rented scooter, does that count?

During MotoGP week most of the guests are there for the race and the atmosphere in the bar and on the terrace (10m from the beach) can get very festive. I have seen bikers stayng there who have ridden from the UK and Finland.

We always have the same room on the end of the second floor, it has a larger balcony than the front rooms, the manager organises us a fridge at no cost and the continental breakfast is surprisingly filling. The scrambled eggs are the best!

Misano is a sleepy little town and MotoGP weekend is the last blast before the winter shutdown, last year we left on the Wednesday and half the restaurants had closed, but I bet the place is pumping now.

For race fans, apart from the Misano circuit less than 4 kilometres away there is Coriano and the Marco Simoncelli museum and Tavullia and the Rossi fan club a short ride away. Add the beach, mountains, castles, great food and excellent roads and you have a recipe for fun :cool:

In 7 weeks we will be there again!

1456.jpg

Attachments

Steely

Reaction score
Travelling in France, I've found the Premiere Classe chain of hotels to be ideal stop-overs en route. Rooms are between 29-35 euros a night, comfortable beds, air conditioned, with en-suite toilet and shower. Premeiere Classe seem to have taken the place of the old Formule 1 motels, which have largely disappeared, only they're much better. They have no restaurant. You can order breakfast, but I usually pack, leave and ride into the town for a decent croissant and coffee, or stop on the road. They're usually sited on the edge of towns, next to a Buffalo Grill, KFC, and/or a slightly pricier hotel that does have a restaurant. You can pre-book on their website...

Premiere Classe | Cheap hotel rooms in more than 230 hotels across Europe

Steely

Reaction score
Camping Moto Rendezvous
Lunas
Languedoc,France

I stayed here a few years ago. It used to be Dutch-run, but I think it may now have French owners. It had a reputation as the partyest of the biker-only campsites in France, and my experience was that this reputation was deserved. On arrival, you're greeted with a free bottle of beer, and so it begins! Not the place to go if you want peace and quiet, but a very convivial atmosphere, and the bar stayed open until morning. They operated a tab system, and it was very easy to rack up a big bar bill when drinking with the Dutch and Belgians.

Surrounded by fantastic roads, including my favourite stretch of motorway - the A75 between Millau viaduct and Lodeve. Within easy reach of the south coast. The caves where they store cheese at Roquefort are worth a visit.

CAMPING RENDEZVOUS MOTO - Bikers only campsite

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I stayed at the Hotel Ambasciatori in Misano (Italy) a couple of times while I had a rented scooter, does that count?

During MotoGP week most of the guests are there for the race and the atmosphere in the bar and on the terrace (10m from the beach) can get very festive. I have seen bikers stayng there who have ridden from the UK and Finland.

We always have the same room on the end of the second floor, it has a larger balcony than the front rooms, the manager organises us a fridge at no cost and the continental breakfast is surprisingly filling. The scrambled eggs are the best!

Misano is a sleepy little town and MotoGP weekend is the last blast before the winter shutdown, last year we left on the Wednesday and half the restaurants had closed, but I bet the place is pumping now.

For race fans, apart from the Misano circuit less than 4 kilometres away there is Coriano and the Marco Simoncelli museum and Tavullia and the Rossi fan club a short ride away. Add the beach, mountains, castles, great food and excellent roads and you have a recipe for fun :cool:

In 7 weeks we will be there again!
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great place Andrew, was there any secure parking for the bikes?

Travelling in France, I've found the Premiere Classe chain of hotels to be ideal stop-overs en route. Rooms are between 29-35 euros a night, comfortable beds, air conditioned, with en-suite toilet and shower. Premeiere Classe seem to have taken the place of the old Formule 1 motels, which have largely disappeared, only they're much better. They have no restaurant. You can order breakfast, but I usually pack, leave and ride into the town for a decent croissant and coffee, or stop on the road. They're usually sited on the edge of towns, next to a Buffalo Grill, KFC, and/or a slightly pricier hotel that does have a restaurant. You can pre-book on their website...

Premiere Classe | Cheap hotel rooms in more than 230 hotels across Europe
Great tip, a lot of Dutch use these hotels when travelling through, either going skiing or when travelling more to the south. Last year we were considering the one in Caan to stay at, but decided on the Normandy beach option because of secure parking and I guess "the personal touch"

Camping Moto Rendezvous
Lunas
Languedoc,France

I stayed here a few years ago. It used to be Dutch-run, but I think it may now have French owners. It had a reputation as the partyest of the biker-only campsites in France, and my experience was that this reputation was deserved. On arrival, you're greeted with a free bottle of beer, and so it begins! Not the place to go if you want peace and quiet, but a very convivial atmosphere, and the bar stayed open until morning. They operated a tab system, and it was very easy to rack up a big bar bill when drinking with the Dutch and Belgians.

Surrounded by fantastic roads, including my favourite stretch of motorway - the A75 between Millau viaduct and Lodeve. Within easy reach of the south coast. The caves where they store cheese at Roquefort are worth a visit.

CAMPING RENDEZVOUS MOTO - Bikers only campsite
Sounds like a great place, and lively too :) Here in Holland I've stayed at the campsite in den Hof (in Heerlen in the south East of Holland) where they have a bikers camping and bunkhouse, the main buildings and bike shed are surrounded by a large fence that is locked at night (apart from a smaller door for guests), Welcome to Guest house ‘In den Hof’ • In den Hof

Last edited:

Jetty

Reaction score
Over the last few years I have stayed at the following hotels across Europe. All I can recommend. My bike has been safe at all, yet sometimes parked right outside on the road. Here goes...

Hotel Restaurant Adler, Bahnhofstrasse 101, 08468 Reichenbach im Vogtland, East Germany. - He closes the bar/restaurant at 8pm, but there is a fab Greek restaurant within 10 minutes walk.

Road House Hotel, Borchener Strasse, 33106 Paderborn, Germany. - Really clean and spacious rooms, with an American diner next door. Fuel station there too.

Hotel Concorde, 73 Rue Lacretelle, 71000 Mâcon, France - Secure underground parking just down the road, Restaurants and bars within 10 minutes walking.

Hotel Royal Vezere, Place de l'hotel de Ville, 24260 Le Bugue, France. - Bang in the middle of a fab town.

Fletcher Hotel Apeldoorn, Soerensenweg 73, 7313 EH, Apeldoorn, Netherlands. - All you need under one roof. Parking out at the front. Safe.

Hotel Graaf Van Vlaanderen, 't Zand 19, Historical centre of Brugge, 8000 Bruges. - Parked out front, amongst table and chairs and wandering public. No problem. Obviously within easy reach of restaurants, bars, shops and sights.

Hotel Restaurant Taverne, H.W. Lordensweg 3, 7391 KA Twello, Netherlands. - Very pleasant. Parking front or back. Safe.

Hotel Horda, Obozowa 15, 69-100 Slubice, Poland. - Grand. Parking out at the front. Cheap and excellent.

Adria, Wawelska 4, 43-150 Bierun Nowy, Poland. Cheap and excellent. Very well placed for visiting Auschwitz.

Hotel Man, Vilanec 37, Vilanec 58835, Czech republic. - In the country. Fab bar/restaurant/garden. Parking out front. Fuel station within sight.

Hotel Corallo Garni, Viale Carducci 121, 47841, Cattolica, Italy. - Love it! Stayed here twice for the MotoGP at Misano. Stefan, the boss, very helpful. Parking on the terrace. Safe.

andz

Reaction score
No secure parking at all actually, just round the back off the street but if you don't mind getting in early-ish and not leaving at the crack of dawn then the cars park your bike in so no chance of it being stolen! The night before race day we parked the scooter on the pavement in front of the hotel as we were leaving at 5am and there were no problems any of the 3 times.