Which fork springs

Baz69

Reaction score
I have just ordered the 20mm fork valving kit from gp suspension ,gonna change fork springs as well local shop to me do ohlins springs that are a std fit 9.00nmm,guys in gp suspension do springs they are there own custom brand has anyone used them or would they be just the same as ohlins just diff brand the ohlins seem to cover abroad spectrum of weight I am 86kilos fully kitted which I believe means the 9.00nmm spring would be correct ,if springs are pretty much same may as well go ohlins unless the gp ones are necessary to go with valve kit although I don't think this is the case,anyone any info ,thanks

flipper

Reaction score
Springs are springs. They don't care what brand they are.

Ohlins are the right length as are sonic springs. Sonic have a calculator on their website. It may suggest 0.85 or 0.90 for your weight.

Ask gp if their springs are drop in ie 300mm long or if like racetech they use their own standard lengths so you have to cut new spacers. If they are drop in and you can get combined postage they'll be worth a shout.

Sonic were much cheaper than ohlins even shipped from the states with customs etc.

Baz69

Reaction score
Cheers flipper,just checked with gp about there springs just waitin for reply.