Which luggage rack

george

Reaction score
As I commute a lot I will probably get a rack soon.
I like the Yamaha one but it looks like it will hide the rear lights. I also like the look of the SW Motech one.
Any advice would be welcome
Can anyone post some pics of the sw motech one from different angles?
Cheers

MartinB

Reaction score
George

Check out the 'SHAD' rack and box arrangement has a cute extra rear light that fixes under the rack

Should add that you can fit panniers (hard) as well if desired.
Cheers

boro

Reaction score
As I commute a lot I will probably get a rack soon.
I like the Yamaha one but it looks like it will hide the rear lights. I also like the look of the SW Motech one.
Any advice would be welcome
Can anyone post some pics of the sw motech one from different angles?
Cheers
I have the Yamaha OEM and it is great and really suits the bike.

It is higher than the lights so doesn't get in the way, although fitting can be a challenge as you have to take off the rear cowls and drill from the inside (there is some marks on them ) to line up with the frame holes.
They seemed to be slightly off on my bike so have to fill the edges to make it fit.
IMG_20141203_222022209.jpg

As you can hopefully see it reaches about as far back as the number plate but is higher and doesn't get in the way, plus it has pillion handles moulded in....
I have a Kreiga US20 on mine as it easy to remove and I'm not a fan of top boxes...

Glennholmes

Reaction score
Luggage rack with Soft Panniers

Anyone have a rack on their Tracer while fitting the soft Yamaha panniers. Yamaha say the rack and panniers together are incompatible. I would like to fit a rack with my panniers for a Europe trip in the summer. Any suggestions

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
@ Glennholmes

The original steel luggage rack part no. 2PP-FRLUG-00-00 for the tracer certainly fits with the abs cases and i found this blurb on the interweb.

"High-quality carrier for added luggage capacity. Specifically designed for carrying general luggage Strong and durable tubular construction High quality 6mm aluminium rack Load capacity: 10kg MAX With integrated passenger grips Easy installed by replacing original passenger grips Can be combined with the optional Soft ABS Side Cases or Soft Side Bags Note: The luggage rack is engineered and developed ONLY for general luggage support such as soft bags, etc. It is NOT suitable for installation and mounting of any top cases nor any additonal mounting plates!"

Last edited:

Glennholmes

Reaction score
@ Glennholmes

The original steel luggage rack part no. 2PP-FRLUG-00-00 for the tracer certainly fits with the abs cases and i found this blurb on the interweb.

"High-quality carrier for added luggage capacity. Specifically designed for carrying general luggage Strong and durable tubular construction High quality 6mm aluminium rack Load capacity: 10kg MAX With integrated passenger grips Easy installed by replacing original passenger grips Can be combined with the optional Soft ABS Side Cases or Soft Side Bags Note: The luggage rack is engineered and developed ONLY for general luggage support such as soft bags, etc. It is NOT suitable for installation and mounting of any top cases nor any additonal mounting plates!"
Mate, thanks very much, just the info I needed.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Anyone have a rack on their Tracer while fitting the soft Yamaha panniers. Yamaha say the rack and panniers together are incompatible. I would like to fit a rack with my panniers for a Europe trip in the summer. Any suggestions
For Touring I have the Yamaha paniers, and a Givi rack, but with A Yamaha top plate (just because I already had the Yamaha top box), I have done 3 UK and 2 European trips like this, although I tour solo without a passenger. picture below.
Tracer Touring.jpg

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
In 2015 we did a 3000 mile tour of europe, 2 up, yamaha ABS panniers, tank bag and a kriega US40 combo on the tail. Getting everything packed nicely was a bit of a challenge but we managed it.

Since replaced the cases with touratech 38lt panniers which are much easier to pack, lockable and do double duty as campsite seating, not a fan of top boxes as it just encourages the wife to lean back and nod off so i've stuck with the above mentioned luggage rack, the kriega's and a bloody tank bag if i absolutely must put it on, bastard thing.

atomic

Reaction score
Hi,I bought this Givi V47 / SW-Motech combo in June 2016 and never use it.
Now it is for sale so if you are interested ,please send PM .
It was fitted only for taking pictures for advertising.

I think the best looking and serves a purpose ;)

givi-v47-kofer-nosac-sw-motech-yamaha-mt-09-slika-81855148.jpgView attachment 4603givi-v47-kofer-nosac-sw-motech-yamaha-mt-09-slika-81855150.jpgView attachment 4605givi-v47-kofer-nosac-sw-motech-yamaha-mt-09-slika-81855152.jpg

more pictures in my album

Attachments

Reaction score
I've seen one that I want its the genuine Yamaha one but the lad says it came of his mt07 but fits the mt09, I've looked and its a different part number for the genuine Yamaha rack is he bull shitting or will it fit?

Russ_steph7

Reaction score
Yamaha Top Box

I've seen one that I want its the genuine Yamaha one but the lad says it came of his mt07 but fits the mt09, I've looked and its a different part number for the genuine Yamaha rack is he bull shitting or will it fit?
I had the Yamaha top box fitted when i ordered the bike, but couldnt view before buying
Wish i had because my lid doesnt fit easily into this, certainly couldnt get 2 in it thats supposed to

Best of luck

olivierzx

Reaction score
I've put the genuine yamaha model from my 2013 model on my 2017 model.
It's plug and play, the screws are in the same position and there is no problem with the rear lights.

For information it also fits MT10.

Last edited:

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I have just bought a Tracer with an option for a rack. I was wondering as I have a Yamaha top box from a FZ6 can I fit an extra plate to make it compatable to my Tracer 900 rack.

Here's a pic showing my fz6 rack (to give you an idea how it connects)

rack.jpg

Thanks.