Who,s not had yamaha flash and if not why

CT/

Reaction score
I'm still sitting on the fence, wondering who else is.

flydnb

Reaction score
I haven't as I tried a demo bike with one and couldn't tell the difference to be honest and I don't have probs with the original, I will go the unofficial route next year though.

Fluke

Reaction score
I didn't get it done for the same reason as Triple trouble.
We've had a chat with the lovely Simon who has sorted us right out!
I (or rather, we) would recommend having a proper remap done.
Especially with the addition of a spiffy exhaust, you'll not understand why you didn't do it sooner.

Colton123

Reaction score
Don't bother it is shit cannot wait to get mine done by Simon just need to get some cash together .

RatHead

Reaction score
I had mine done. I didn't have any real issue with it pre flash, apart fom I prefered to ride it in B mode. Now I am happy in STD. Very low revs STD now like B, higher revs like it was pre flash. A small, but welcome improvement for me.

Milo Minderbinder

Reaction score
I had mine done. I didn't have any real issue with it pre flash, apart fom I prefered to ride it in B mode. Now I am happy in STD. Very low revs STD now like B, higher revs like it was pre flash. A small, but welcome improvement for me.
Ditto......

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Wot he said ^^

I tend to ride in B mode and it's fine.
Sometimes try STD or A but soon get pi**ed off when I hit a town ot village so just stick it back on B
Can't see the need (apart from bravado) to use A all the time - I'll keep it for the track
No need either for noisy exhaust - been there, done that, got fed up with the racket.

flipper

Reaction score
Had mine done as it was free. Does what it says on the tin so can hardly be called shit. Not a performance upgrade at all and not meant to be. Horses for courses. I now find it much easier to ride quicker all the time.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Had mine done as it was free. Does what it says on the tin so can hardly be called shit. Not a performance upgrade at all and not meant to be. Horses for courses. I now find it much easier to ride quicker all the time.
Exactly same for me...

paulrab

Reaction score
I was hoping to get it done as a free fix to the abrupt power delivery from closed throttle.
The only reason i haven't had it done is because the demo i rode which had supposedly been flashed felt NO different at all!!.
I suspect i was mugged off for some reason.
Still looking to get it done as a free stop gap improvement until i can find the time and cash to have Simon do his thing.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Still on the fence really.

My dealer, despite allegedly having the kit to do a flash in a box behind the counter, still hadn't started doing flashes after weeks. Also with the headlamp wire re-call, they wanted to "do them all together" (WTF?) and would call back with any details. Still waiting for the call!

I find it very, very difficult to get time off to actually get the bike to them so haven't actively pursued getting the free flash done. I'm quiet happy with the throttle tamer but still get a bit of snatchiness sometimes mid turns when adjusting the throttle position but its still A mode all the way :)

Now the bikes probably not going to come out of the garage until spring, I'll get it all done together with the annual service to minimise the aggro.

My thoughts are to try the free flash and then if not happy, to whip the ecu out and drive to Newbury to get Simons flash.

george

Reaction score
Not had mine done yet. My dealer hasn't mentioned it. Not sure if I would regret it tho

Chris West

Reaction score
I may get mine done ( when I'm in for the loom) but since a 'reconfigured' the throttle cam, I don't have a huge issue.
I'm guessing if I do get it done I should replace my throttle slider as well
We'll see