Woohooo on A mode! lol

lee1980

Reaction score
Yesterday was one of the warmest and driest days since I got bike at beginning of year, on about 350 miles now so still breaking in but my god even under 6k in A mode its mental:eek::eek:, I didnt find it to snatchy just much more grunty and almost sounded more mean lol.

I have to say I thought ride modes may be a bit of a gimmick but so far are proving very useful for commuting on those wet days etc.

So far in 2 minds as to whether will do the official flash or get Kev's o2 controller will see how it goes after first service to. I wonder if having the full arrow from new has made it better in respect of snatchyness.

flydnb

Reaction score
If it really bothers you just get the Yamaha firmware upgrade which possibly yours might have anyway ? I use the original map as it left the factory and it really feels smooth to me but I come from an off road back ground where snatchyness/instant is the norm anyway.

lee1980

Reaction score
I was told it does not have the modified yamaha map, as they do not add it as standard as bikes seem to vary. Its no where near as bad as thought going on reviews etc, and the fact I can go in to B mode is great for when its wet and cold.

A mode for when its nice in dry hehe!

I have had worse surging and snatching on other bikes in the past.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lee y don't u pop over to Newbury so we can flash the living day lights out if ur bike

lee1980

Reaction score
lol do you mean flash or thrash? lol I was trying to say its ok really and would at moment leave as it is, will see more once had first service and opened it right up!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol do you mean flash or thrash? lol I was trying to say its ok really and would at moment leave as it is, will see more once had first service and opened it right up!
Haha. U don't need to thrash a bike to flash it [emoji12]

marksim

Reaction score
Yesterday was one of the warmest and driest days since I got bike at beginning of year, on about 350 miles now so still breaking in but my god even under 6k in A mode its mental:eek::eek:, I didnt find it to snatchy just much more grunty and almost sounded more mean lol.

I have to say I thought ride modes may be a bit of a gimmick but so far are proving very useful for commuting on those wet days etc.

So far in 2 minds as to whether will do the official flash or get Kev's o2 controller will see how it goes after first service to. I wonder if having the full arrow from new has made it better in respect of snatchyness.
Lee
The 02 mod has nothing to do with the re-flash.
Factory or aftermarket
There is Kevs or Power commanders option which comes with the PCV
There is a comparison post on here somewhere

lee1980

Reaction score
Lee
The 02 mod has nothing to do with the re-flash.
Factory or aftermarket
There is Kevs or Power commanders option which comes with the PCV
There is a comparison post on here somewhere
Oh yeah I know they are completely different things, I was trying to say at moment don't feel need to change anything and will get better with miles on it to!

marksim

Reaction score
I would wait until the bike is run in and youve rode in anger and got used to it
I kept mine with the original flash as I had no real probs,some say the yam re flash softened it but I have no first hand experience.
I originally sent my ECU off to Simon and Richie who were very helpfull but couldn't do it as it's the ABS version so Ive gone the PCV route but with Kevs 02 not PC as it works better

marksim

Reaction score
Suppose the ultimate would be your flash then a custom PCV map
Will see how it goes with all the other mods