Worried

Jongeorge

Reaction score
Have ordered a new mt09 in blazing orange abs but after talking to a mt owner this afternoon he said I must be mad coming from a cb500f to a 09
Any thing I should be worried about
Did not kill my self on the test ride but did keep it in b mode

Davy

Reaction score
My last bike was a CB100N 30ish years ago..the throttle response is a bit better on the MT but the suspensions seems the same :rolleyes:

My Toy

Reaction score
All you have to remember is the throttle works both ways. It's as fast as you want it to be, ride like a w[emoji572]️ and you'll likely get in bother, ride safe and it's as safe as your cb500[emoji106][emoji6]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

lee1980

Reaction score
If this is your second bike then just be careful, the MT is like quite a chunk lighter but with like near 2.5 times the power!! I had CBR500r before this but that was like my tenth bike and had all sorts of bikes before hand.
The MT-09 is very fast and very light and I would for sure as you say keep it in B-mode for a while and always in wet. Its the way it makes torque as a triple that may catch you out its does not need to be revved that high.

Bollins

Reaction score
Ace bikes!!

Have ordered a new mt09 in blazing orange abs but after talking to a mt owner this afternoon he said I must be mad coming from a cb500f to a 09
Any thing I should be worried about
Did not kill my self on the test ride but did keep it in b mode
I went from a 1984 xt600 43f to an MT09 no probs they are great bikes with great power delivery just stay in B mode for a while and definitely in the wet. std mode is great fun and a rarely ride mine in Armageddon mode. just be gentle with the throttle I was a bit snappy with mine and pulled a wheelie in 4th gear A mode at 100mph totally took me by suprise( I dont do wheelies).
Best bike I have ever owned and mine is blazing orange, had the wheels powder coated (£60.00) same colour as the tank and it looks ace! put a GPR end can on (£219) tail tidy, rad guard and a stone chip kit on the forks and tank and one on the rear swing arm where the ABS rubs.
you've definitely got a cult bike on your hands.
All the best Bollins Enjoy!

jack591

Reaction score
I went from a 1984 xt600 43f to an MT09 no probs they are great bikes with great power delivery just stay in B mode for a while and definitely in the wet. std mode is great fun and a rarely ride mine in Armageddon mode. just be gentle with the throttle I was a bit snappy with mine and pulled a wheelie in 4th gear A mode at 100mph totally took me by suprise( I dont do wheelies).
Best bike I have ever owned and mine is blazing orange, had the wheels powder coated (£60.00) same colour as the tank and it looks ace! put a GPR end can on (£219) tail tidy, rad guard and a stone chip kit on the forks and tank and one on the rear swing arm where the ABS rubs.
you've definitely got a cult bike on your hands.
All the best Bollins Enjoy!
This stone chip kit for your forks and tank you say, is that in a kit from somewhere or did you just get some 3M vinyl or something similar and cut it ?

cheers mate

Oh and i came off a hyosung gt650r before my MT (i have raced motocross all my life if thats a difference) and i found the bike easier to ride than an underpowered bike. Its very forgiving if your fairly sensible and a hell of a lot of fun on all the roads where i am.

Locksmith

Reaction score
You would have shit yourself on the test ride. You didn't, so its fine!!!!

Deadhead

Reaction score
I went from a 70hp ER6n as a first bike to an 160hp S1000r.... it'a all about what's between your ears. You're the one controlling the throttle etc like others have said. Take is steady, experiment by all means giving little bits of throttle here and there, take your time to get use to the bike and the power delivery and you'll be perfectly fine.

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
don't take any notice when people give you that old bull , you'll be fine , the throttle works both ways !!!!!! anyone would be a complete bell end to get on any brand new bike and go full bore !! ride on your own for a while and ride how you feel comfortable and you will be good . p.s well done for chosing an awesome bike , you'll love it !! ;) cheers

Andyc1511

Reaction score
Just a totally different bike and much more powerful
Some very good, positive comments made by all the other guys. Just ride within your limits, dont be drawn in to riding like a loon, build your confidence over time and you'll be just fine. It is quite a powerful bike compared to what you've just left but at the end of the day its the rider who controls it. Just enjoy. Catch you over at Alton cafe sometime. Cheers

Jongeorge

Reaction score
Thank you all for the confidence i pick it up Friday I hope if not Saturday just going to take it show
And Andyc511 will be going to the Alton cafe

Bollins

Reaction score
Afternoon,
I designed a 9 piece kit which using cad cam to make simple templates which I cut using a laser cutter. Very similar to 3M venture shield but very reasonably priced by comparison. Sold 6 kits so far and no complaints. On the orange and purple you can hardly see it, on the blue and grey the patches are noticeable because of the gloss finish.
Regard Bollins

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Afternoon,
I designed a 9 piece kit which using cad cam to make simple templates which I cut using a laser cutter. Very similar to 3M venture shield but very reasonably priced by comparison. Sold 6 kits so far and no complaints. On the orange and purple you can hardly see it, on the blue and grey the patches are noticeable because of the gloss finish.
Regard Bollins
Hi Bollins,

You want to pop that in the parts for sale section,with a few pics & prices, I'm sure it'll generate some interest... If your into that kinda stuff, any idea where i can match the tank stripe on Deep Armour, want it for a seat cowl.. Its already colour matched.. Cheers!

Bollins

Reaction score
Wizard signs in Cradley Heath should be able to do the trick. but it would be a vinyl. they made some decals up for a mate of mine for his tank( Deep Armour) excellent match!
Regards Bollins

Last edited: