Wrist and Risers

Blackie

Reaction score
Went for a 2 hour ride yesterday, Sunday , although I enjoyed it, riding over the North York Moors, lots of fellow bikers doing the same, I got back and my wrists were aching like hell, especially the right one. I have standard bars at the standard height. I have no previous injury or complaint with my wrists, I am however, not a young person, I am thinking of trying out some handlebar risers. Quite like the look of these Rox ones. Anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

Blackie

Shaun64

Reaction score
Before you spend any cash I would go and see your doc just to get your wrists checked out then you will know what up against,it could be a case of some anti inflammatory tablets and you never have the problem again or you can then modify your bike or sell it for something more comfortable.ive joint problems and can only bend my right wrist half of what I should be able to which ment I had to sell my sports bike and the only type of bikes I am now comfortable on are the style like my tracer.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Blackie you could try first something like these... grip_pupies

My wrists are pretty knackered and they certainly help to reduce any fatigue you feel due to vibration. Dead easy to install and fairly cheap.

Not sure how much riding experience you got but the number 1 cause of bike wrist ache i'm sure is holding on to the grips too tightly, no more pressure than you would hold a raw egg i was told years ago by my instructor.

wakers

Reaction score
Weirdly i get sore wrists with much more than about 45min on my MT it's got better over time, felt to me initially that i was having to turn the throttle too much and that was putting my wrist in a funny position. Tried altering the throttle position but you can't, tried the bars in different positions but couldn't find anything any better, pretty much back at the stock setup now...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blackie

Reaction score
Some good advice. I'll see my doc and get checked out and I've priced the grip puppies and they are ordered, but its not just my wrists my shoulders ache too, I feel as though if I had something like these fitted-
Rox Speed FX Pivoting Handlebar Risers for 7/8" Clamps - Motorcycle Superstore
ROX.jpg
I feel that I'd be sitting more upright and not so much weight on my wrists and shoulders, Anyone tried this sort of thing. I guess all the cables would have to be altered etc.

Hexme

Reaction score
Plus one for the grip puppies, got a pair off Amazon 2 weeks ago, used hairspray on the original grips which allowed the new grips to easily slip on and stick securely.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gussi

Reaction score
Some good advice. I'll see my doc and get checked out and I've priced the grip puppies and they are ordered, but its not just my wrists my shoulders ache too, I feel as though if I had something like these fitted-
Rox Speed FX Pivoting Handlebar Risers for 7/8" Clamps - Motorcycle Superstore
View attachment 4650
I feel that I'd be sitting more upright and not so much weight on my wrists and shoulders, Anyone tried this sort of thing. I guess all the cables would have to be altered etc.
Hey Blackie, I know this thread was from a while back, but did you end up grabbing these bar risers. I have a similar problems and trying to find a solution that doesn't need any cabling extensions.