Xsr900?

janluke

Reaction score
Hi Guys

just back from the Bike show and I was quite taken with the XSR900 as its mostly MT09 parts just wondered if there was any love for the new model here

MT09 Kiwi

Reaction score
You wouldn't trade your MT on one, Yamaha need to make a (VFR800ish) sport touring model with full fairings, an R9 (MV are selling plenty of 800s), a full factory MT09 R model with nice bars, cams, pipe, slipper clutch, brembos and ohlins, and then a full Dakar version with 21 inch front, bars and genuine offroad ability, the triple motor could be easily adapted to many different applications, this thing is the equivalent of plastic tits, alright to look at but no real substance, the only benefit would be TC and the Slipper, the suspension will still be shite.

drumwrecker

Reaction score
I asked at the show if Yamaha intend to make an MTo9 sports tourer on the lines of my BMW K1300s.
He pointed at the Tracer and said that was their sports tourer.
When pressed he said there was no chance,
I think they are missing out .

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I think Yamaha have got the sports tourer bit right with the Tracer, I know lads from the Z1000SX forum and the CBF 1000 Honda forums, who are looking at the Tracer as a possible replacement. I had the Mk 1 Z1000SX from new 2011 kept it for just over 2 years loved it but it was a heavy bastard. Yamaha already had a sports tourer in the FZ1 Gen 1&2's. It is all down to marketing and pricing Yamaha IMO have the legs of the rest in that department.

Sports tourers I have had from 2008 Mk1 CBF1000 GT , Z1000SX and recently the Gen 2 FZ1. My touring days are likely behind me now but if I was going to tour again the way I used to a Tracer would be on my radar.

drumwrecker

Reaction score
I bought a K1300s in June and have been touring abroad twice with it. Fist time to the Pecos three days after purchase.
I also have a 2003 VTEC VFR with LSL upright bars and a comfort seat and before that a TDM900a. both bikes were too upright for me. Road shock straight up the spine.
I like the lean forward position as my back can bend and act like a spring to absorb road shocks.
I like the idea of a MT09 engine in something similar in style and riding position to the K13s
I am now 75 and the K13s is a heavy bike and takes some handling when stationary, add to that the cost of servicing and spares and you will see why I asked the question.
Mind you the K13s is an absolutely wonderful bike that handles brilliantly and goes like stink if the need arises and when I move down I can say I at least owned one and enjoyed it.
As for a Dakar model I am no longer interested in dirt riding and am about to sell my CRF230F so wouldn't have thought of asking the question.