yamaha ecu updated

george

Reaction score
Just had my re flash done at ian bells in Northumberland. Didn't get a real chance to try it out due to strong winds and damp roads on the way back but the difference is obvious straight away. The power seems the same but it comes in slightly less abruptly. It seems like a perfect solution. Top marks to ian bell yamaha btw. They have been spot on in every way. After sales service is first class. Highly recommended

lee1980

Reaction score
Did you find all modes better? One I test road was fine and it had stock map, i have option to have it reflashed if dont get on with it. Dealer said they do seem to vary from bike to bike to.
Was it dine ehile you wait?

george

Reaction score
Yeah it was done while I waited. Just plugs into connector under the seat and took 20 mins. As mentioned not had long to test it properly but in A Mode the power was tapered in slightly if that makes sense. Less of an on/off switch. I was happy before don't get me wrong. However I think it will be safer now if for example you need a bit more gas while cranked over. B mode felt the same and didn't really try sd.

Twozup

Reaction score
A Mode the power was tapered in slightly if that makes sense. Less of an on/off switch. B mode felt the same and didn't really try sd.
Exactly what I wouldn't want.
I like the brutality of it. It's why I bought the bike in first place (then promptly highsided the fucker in a mode in the wet). Obviously leaving myself wide open to criticism by all the converts here but I just don't get why you'd want to tame the bike and ruin the essence of what it is.

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Mines ABS, and happy since I had it done, it's given me a better throttle control when in lower speeds... Other than that it's as good as ever....

My Toy

Reaction score
I like the brutality of it. It's why I bought the bike in first place (then promptly highsided the fucker in a mode in the wet). Obviously leaving myself wide open to criticism by all the converts here but I just don't get why you'd want to tame the bike and ruin the essence of what it is.

It's a personal thing and personally speaking having the remap done has made my bike a bit more useable, it's still got shite suspension and I have plans to rectify that, but it's better than when I got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

relz

Reaction score

I've been riding my remapped bike for just about a week, and IMO it's gained more brutality if anything.
I find myself with a heavier hand on the throttle, popping more unintentional wheelies, riding faster and reaching the rev limiter more often. This already fun bike, just became that much more fun :D

The only thing I've lost are those scary kicks in the ass and unintentional wheel spins, when maneuvering through slow traffic, or accelerating out of a slow corner. Other than that I don't feel any loss of power.
Sure, perhaps I twist the throttle a little bit more in order to reach the same RPM, but it's such a small change that in a couple of days you don't notice it any more.

That's my experience...

And no, you can't have a few weeks in Lanzarote (wherever that is) for Christmas :)