yamaha genuine tail tidy

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hello everyone , I know it's a bit boring but has anyone fitted the genuine Yamaha tail tidy / number plate hanger ? I am trying to find out if it is shorter that the standard one or the same length , if it is shorter could you tell me by how much please . thank you to all in advance , cheers . ;)

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
thanks a lot for that Chump , I'd forgot that you could leave the centre part out . does the number plate sit ok as when I left the centre part out on my MT 07 the number plate seemed to lay a little flatter if you know what I mean ? really like the MT logo over the number plate light thou' , cheers Chump .

chump

Reaction score
flatter I reckon. will let you know when I fit mine at the weekend.

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
Hey Chump , did you fit your tail tidy at the weekend ? how does it look ? cheers ;)

chump

Reaction score
I'll let you know when it arrives.............. it got delayed

chump

Reaction score
hey no worries mate.

got it fitted today without the jib. the angle is flatter, and adjustable a bit. looks good I reckon with the original lock cover too.

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hello Chump , do the electrics just plug into the original ? did you get it for a good price ? where from ? thanks again mate .

chump

Reaction score
the replacement tail tidy has an LED plate light which plugs into the original connector.no need to replace connectors.

it has ears for either the OE indicators or aftermarket. I have the Yamaha LED indicators so they fit straight on, where others need adaptor plates which didn't fit very well.

I bought mine on ebay from Jersey so saving on VAT.

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
thanks chump for all the info , really appreciate it mate , cheers

Hiivasieni

Reaction score
It is basically the easiest one to attach to the bike because it is 100% plug and play. It comes with great instructions, you can't go wrong with it.

This is the end result:

Yamahaa.jpg

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
Hi Hiivasieni , thanks for the picture , is that without the extension / centre part ? your bike looks good , I nearly bought an orange one !! cheers mate

chump

Reaction score
that is without the centre part. I wouldn't say it's the easiest to fit - it's a pain in the arse to put together, but it fits and looks good.

Hiivasieni

Reaction score
Yeah, it is without the centre part. I don't see any reason to use the centre part because it makes the new holder look almost like the stock holder. There are a few tricky parts assembling the holder together. The trickiest part in my opinion was removing the small spring that holds the seat's key hole cap in place and especially fitting it to the new holder frame. You don't have to do that, but I think it is pretty critical to have the key hole cap to keep all the dust and debris out. A dumb decision from Yamaha to put it under the seat. But the instructions are fairly good and clear so if you are even a little talented with your hands you shouldn't have any problems. It took me about 30-45 minutes in total. It is a great looking holder with a neat LED light.