Yamaha mt07 tenere

Shaun64

Reaction score
I am happy with my tracer especially with the mods and I plan to keep it but if Yamaha bring out a mt07 tenere like there's talk of I could maybe tempted to swap,Yamaha recently did a concept T7 there's some vids of it on the net and it looks very nice,anyone else fancy one if the do make one?.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I am useless on computers so I don't know how to put a link up lol, if you google Yamaha mt07 tenere T7 there's loads of info pics videos etc,sorry about that stumpy66.

stumpy66

Reaction score
That looks ok, id never touch the floor on one by the looks of it being littlehere-come-the-yamaha-mt-07-tenere-renderings-107754_1.jpg

bobh

Reaction score
Looks interesting, and catches the fashion for adventure machinery.

A while ago I had the XT660Z Tenere for three years. I liked it, particularly for its character. But, not being minded to do a round-the-world trip on it, I found it unnecessarily tall, both the seat height (even after fitting lower dogbones) and the gearing. So I actually traded it in for an MT-03 (same engine, lower seat, lower gearing, better handling), which suits my purposes much better. It's my current winter hack and general dogsbody bike.

I've also had a MT-07, which I traded in for the MT-09 because I wanted something with a bit more get-up-and-go. I can see that the 7's motor would go nicely in a Tenere-style bike, and hopefully the bike will be lighter than the 660 single version (which was massively top-heavy, especially with the 300-mile-range tank full of fuel). But on the whole, I think I'll pass on this one.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Have a look at the T7 concept bike it looks good.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Cheers for link flydnb,like you say if the finished bike is somewhere near the T7 it should make a great bike,I am not after a round the world bike but something that could do some off roading better than the stuff that's out there now which are too heavy & powerfull, a 75 Bhp 180 kg bike would be good but still powerfull enough to have a laugh on twisty back roads or tour Scotland .

Shaun64

Reaction score
In today's mcn there's some pics of the new T7 which mcn say will be officially launched in October this year,from the bits you can see it looks to be similar to the T7 concept bike, I will be having a test ride.

paulb3375

Reaction score
Very tempted too. There's lots of talk and demand for something like this on the adventure forums.

Should be yet another good move for Yamaha.

El Bandito

Reaction score
I've gone through various bikes since I came back to bikes in the last 15 years. Bandit600S, SV650S, DRZ400SM, Transalp700, Intruder800, VStrom650 and MT07. The one that I always fancied but never got round to was the XT660 or Tenere version. This looks like the perfect one for me as it's the style I want and the MT07 motor is brilliant. Unfortunately I've told the wife the Tracer is a keeper. I'll have to start collecting some Brownie points.