Yamaha Sport Screen for MT 09

Stroller

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of using the Yamaha Sport Screen for the MT 09? To be clear, I am not talking about the Yamaha fly screen for the MT 09
What screens do people recommend?

jack591

Reaction score
I’ve had the genuine one, a Chinese knock off and I have a touring screen. I use the little sports screen as I like the look of it but that’s purely all it’s for as it adds no protection. The touring screen is definitely noticeable getting the wind off your chest and such but I hate the look of it and only use it if going away somewhere.

Stroller

Reaction score
Thanks Jack. Just to be clear. Yamaha do the fly screen and the much larger sports screen. Was it the much larger sports screen that did not give much protection? Or was it the fly screen?

I like the look of the Yamaha sports screen and it would be a shame if it didn't give much protection.

jack591

Reaction score
Ah yes I see what you mean. I have the fly screen. My cousin has a screen (puig I think) which is that style. He says it helps a little but more gets the wind up around the shoulder area.

Stroller

Reaction score
Ah yes I see what you mean. I have the fly screen. My cousin has a screen (puig I think) which is that style. He says it helps a little but more gets the wind up around the shoulder area.
Thanks Jack, that helps a lot.