Yamaha uk says yes tinklers says no

the voices

Reaction score
Just phoned yamaha uk and they said email tinklers with pictures of damaged shock, double sided stickie tape holding front air scoops and chain adjusters and they will decide if they need changing, tinklers says no we will not decide if they need changing by looking at pictures we will only look at parts in the flesh. hence im pissed with tinklers.................. update missus said ring grant who sold me the bike so i did and yahoo grant says yes wayne that will be fine send me the pics and we will sort it, the moral of this is its not the dealer that may be an arse its the person you speak to, iam now calm well until they tell me to f.... off.

stevecbr

Reaction score
whats wrong with the shock? My adjusters are starting to deform where the spindle edges against it. There seems no point in changing the adjusters for new ones, they are badly designed,poor fitting and way to soft. I think Yamaha made them that way so we would buy their Gilles ones

the voices

Reaction score
hi steve, i adjusted the pre load and it left a gouge around the shock, seems the stepped part that sits on the pin area is digging into the shock on the edge near the lowest setting, its not the c spanner that has caused it, just seems that the stepped adjuster is out of round. wasnt going to fit new chain adjusters was going to get a new set and modify them, had the same on my yz250. nice lady at yamaha she rekon it would be a few months for the adjusters to be superseeded.

Last edited: