zx6r rear shock

D

Deleted member 1834

Just to update, have now fitted xz6r rear shock to bike. found it rearly easy to fit . went in with a push the only things to watch out for are the starter motor and battery leads will need to be pushed out of way. What a difference to standard shock, just shows what a load of old rubbish the standard shock is. went out yesterday for about 50 miles and have not even tried to adjust it yet and found it rearly good. good cheap fix the only trouble is it now shows up the front suspension.

markrufrider

Reaction score
Yep makes you realise how shit the front feels next upgrade fork cartridges I think andriani all in

Rob_h

Reaction score
wwhich one?

Just to update, have now fitted xz6r rear shock to bike. found it rearly easy to fit . went in with a push the only things to watch out for are the starter motor and battery leads will need to be pushed out of way. What a difference to standard shock, just shows what a load of old rubbish the standard shock is. went out yesterday for about 50 miles and have not even tried to adjust it yet and found it rearly good. good cheap fix the only trouble is it now shows up the front suspension.
What year XZ6r shock did you fit? any pictures?

seems to be either 6R or 10R is an easy mod, but I need to make sure I get the right one before bidding on EBay

Robin

D

Deleted member 1834

By Robin. 05-06 zx6r shock was what I fitted. They are usually gold colour with a red spring. Look on back pages of forum there is a lot more info on here.

Cavetroll87

Reaction score
Hi Ollyson, Id also be interested in seeing any pics of the fitted shock if possible, just with regards to the reservoir in relation to the starter motor? Thanks