A new MT-09 is mine !

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Since last Friday i'm an MTniner too.
I got a matt-grey mt-09 with ABS and i have done about 500 km.
As i live to the sea shore, my favourite drive for the break-in period is a seaside road named "Sounion avenue" that drives from Athens to an ancient temple at Cape Sounion.
The first days (Friday & Saturday) i drove from Lagonissi to Cape Sounion and back in B-mode, but yesterday i did it in STD-mode.
Before MT-09 i had a DL650V-strom, so my wife and my daughter found the passenger seat of MT better & more comfortable than the wider of V-strom .
So Yamaha's designers had done good job there !
Also i like the soft setting of suspension (front and rear) which makes the bike more manuverable and friendly on curvy roads even with passenger.
At my lovely drive to Sounion, that has lots of turns and curves, i use 3-4-5-6 gears untill the "limit" of 5.500 rpm...
Allthough 5.500 rpm in 6th gear gives about 140km...
Another point i like to mention is the tires. Mine is equiped with Dunlops Sportmax D214. I was a little afraid with many notes of here about how bad are those tires, but i found them good enough for driving on dry roads.
The rear brake is weak and i felt the feedback of the abs in my right foot 2 times before i completely stop.
The front is strong enough, OK for my driving style and i haven't experienced the vibration on my 2 right fingers yet.. even when i tried (It is the 1st bike with ABS i ever owned).
The front light is strong, but i have to put it a litlle bit lower at the first service.
I find the bike very light, easy to drive and friendly enough.
I think that the CSS i graduated about 10 years ago made the driving circumstances so simple....

P.S. I promise to put some photos with the help of my daughter...:cool:

Reaction score
Welcome on board!! Wish i had some greek sun to ride in!!!

Regarding the headlamp, there is an adjustment nut, just behind the headlight, to the bottom right hand side (as you looking at it from the front) Just turn it a few turns to lower the beam.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Crotchrocket, today is a rainy day in Greece...

Welcome to the mad house, you must be the only person who thinks the suspension is ok! Rain and Dunlops dont go together well either. My back brake is pretty fierce so I guess your lack of feel is the ABS taking control away from you. Euro bikes all have ABS I take it ?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad house, you must be the only person who thinks the suspension is ok! Rain and Dunlops dont go together well either. My back brake is pretty fierce so I guess your lack of feel is the ABS taking control away from you. Euro bikes all have ABS I take it ?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

For sure you are right, but as i come from a "biger" & weak bike (DL650) with silly suspension and no abs, driven for 8+ years with 96.000 km on it, it is a great improovment for my arse to sit on a bike as MT...
I'm 46, riding from 14... my first bike was a Honda MT-5 (50cc) on-off , the older has to remember...
Then many others...
I've got a KTM lc4 640 s/m '03 black/silver with WP susp since 2007, i did 45.000 on it, but when i bought the V-2 i was stuck on it for every day use in my job.
When it rains, as today, i use a Subaru Forester 2.0X '07

Birdy

Reaction score
You Greeks must have butts of stone if you think the 09 seat is comfy ! :p Wish i was riding in the sun !:( I remember the mt5 , showing our age there !

M

MT account

hey whats up with them dunlops? mine have lasted all of 5,500km and no matter how many doughnuts i do i cant get rid of that bit in the middle..........:rolleyes: 20140303_151226.jpg20140309_092729.jpg

M

MT account

Is that a street triple???

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees
hahahhahaahahahhahaaaaa.....ha.....nope. its my trusty 5 grand runabout...... a striple costs 17 GRAND! ........and i should get £4900 back on it when i sell it, after adding 16000 hard km on it:D20140115_103830.jpg
im back on me striple now and finding it hard to keep the bloody front wheel on the ground-cant wait for the MT to arrive!

Reaction score
im back on me striple now and finding it hard to keep the bloody front wheel on the ground-cant wait for the MT to arrive!

If ur having trouble keeping the front down on the striple then uv got ur work cut out for u when u get the MT-09 lol

M

MT account

If ur having trouble keeping the front down on the striple then uv got ur work cut out for u when u get the MT-09 lol
thai beer will take care of that-i put on 6kg in 8 weeks over there cos of all the damn sugar in it.

.........but then with 10 beers in me im gonna get the front wheel in the air problem again, aint i??? (hmmmmm, maybe time to buy a scooter for the evenings)

Reaction score
About an hour ago, somebody steal the mirrors of my bike as i was in the gym.
The bike was perked next to my coaches car and think that the thieves were young boys...
Allthough i pay a little for the lesson never leave the bike at a place that is out of sight.
The shock was while leaving from there, when i pass in the main street and had the need to look at my left mirror i realize that my bar... seems empty....
Tonight i have to decide if i left it as it is or i'll buy new mirrors...

Reaction score
About an hour ago, somebody steal the mirrors of my bike as i was in the gym.
The bike was perked next to my coaches car and think that the thieves were young boys...
Allthough i pay a little for the lesson never leave the bike at a place that is out of sight.
The shock was while leaving from there, when i pass in the main street and had the need to look at my left mirror i realize that my bar... seems empty....
Tonight i have to decide if i left it as it is or i'll buy new mirrors...

Those thieves must of been extremely vein...
Get some more or u will get squashed...

Birdy

Reaction score
Allways wire your bike up to the mains when you leave it unattended . Works really well in UK on 240 volts . Your bike and stuff will still be there.... so will would be robber,,,,,

Reaction score
Allways wire your bike up to the mains when you leave it unattended . Works really well in UK on 240 volts . Your bike and stuff will still be there.... so will would be robber,,,,,

Exactly...they don't like a shock lol